Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fisherman's Retreat Redlands, CA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fisherman's Retreat Redlands, CA

Does anyone have experience fishing these lakes? I live fairly close and was wondering if it would be worth my time to give it a go...

Bassgrabber loves the place, but I went and it was $15 bucks to fish in a couple lakes attached to a doggone trailer park.

I went there a couple of times several years ago because a friend wanted to check it out. If I remember right they have 2 lakes that are open to everyone and a smaller lake that is only open to "members". Rumor is that the member's lake gets most of the stocked fish. Skunked one time and caught one trout the other time. Second time I went some of the residents / guests of the RV park got into a yelling match that turned into a fight and the police were called. Haven't been back since so it might of got cleaned up.

I heard from a guy I used to work with that there are a bunch huge bass in that lake but its on the hush hush. During spawning season you would see multiple DD's nesting close to one another. I might have to make a trip out out there in about a month when they start hitting the beds and see if the rumors are true. If you go there I look forward to your report.

not no more....

I fish it a lot and there are huge bass in there. You see them swim right by the shore. It's true that it cost 15 bux but I love that place. They do stock the members lake a little more than the others but all the big bass are in the public lakes. The Mombers lake hardly has bass in it. I will probably have my trailer there next month. They do catchand release from March till Oct to help keep those biggies in there.

There are plenty of big bass still there, but most of them are in the big pond. I have caught a few 5lb + bass there, but only in spring & summer time. You can have success in the colder months, but mostly small fish.