Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puddingstone discoveries

Default Puddingstone discoveries

Well since my wife has taken up walking for the new year, I get to fish more often. lucky for me she enjoys walking around puddingstone lake ,,so as she walks I fish . usually around two hours per day.. So I was there launching the tube at 3pm and had decided to swing west arond the point to fish the old boat rental dock area and work the first poit by the dam. Well if you read my last thread I spoke of the trout in the thermocline.. well those fish are still there .(60' deep water withthe fish and thermo at 30" ) water temp was a little higher today with temps of 59 - 61 degrees. so i began metering the docks zone and found fish on the 17'-22' drop areas but no takers. worked the point and found some marks but still no bites. so I kick my way back to sailboat cove entrance and my fishfinders laarm goes off. I watch as I pick up what looks like a nice patch of submerged grass on a few stones with a fair amount of fish on it. I drop shotted and got two solid hits but no hookup. But none the less another day learning.
    I'll be there in the morning to see if that grass is holding fish again. Here are pics of my tube rigged for freshwater.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishcat.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	27991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishcat2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	27990  

Sweet set-up.

Very nice set-up !
    Good report keep'em coming ...
    I was out there Wednesday afternoon with my six year old putting her
    on some freshly stocked trout , we had a blast !!

Good looking rig! Gosh I'd love to get back to tubin again. Puddingstone is only about 30 min from me too. Good to hear your reports. It's not always about catching the fish. I love to read about what you see and graphed. Good luck to you next trip and hope you stick one or a few!

LC

nice dude.. i love puddingstone.. its just around the corner from my house.

quick question, how can you tell where the thermocline is on the fish finder? i'm still learning the ins and outs of mine.

How did you do today? Ill be there on the yak tomorrow morning.

bayfishingjunkie- What brand/model of "fish finder" is that? Nice set up by the way....

Nice set up when are we going tube togehter.

at the pudd this time of the year,the fish are deep .under the shad schools.last week ,vivid fly,and robert,saw a guy in a bass boat catching giant crappies,at sail boat area.ice jigs, and smallerspoons.are great,this time of the year.after your great report, i now know why the 20,000 planted trout at the pudd, are not being caught off the shore.there in deep water, feeding on shad.. .thanks for the report.i think vivid fly, saw you tubing sail boat the other day.....good luck, and see you at the pudd ,some day....mike the pmb...

Wow I did not think I would get so many responses for Pudd. Well lets try to answer all these questions. Thermcline shows up as a hazy grey line usually near the center of the water column. I us a hummingbird fishing buddy 110 . But I really wish they would make a fishing buddy in color with GPS also. I fished sailboat again yesterday(Fri) from 11-1pm and dedicated the entire time to that isolated piece of structure I found the other day. I know as soon as that water warms up a little more and the water cleans up it will hold some nice bass. It appears to be a micro reef I am guessing about the size of a twin bed. it sits in 22" of water with a drop off on one side of 33' and the other side around 25' it has vegitation covering it with the tops of the weeds at 9' under the surface. I have come to believe the fish sitting on that at this time may very well be crappie. But I know some LMB will be moving in at some point. I will be fishing there again most likely Monday. Who ever wants to join me please call 310-310-4781 or text me I usually respond to texts quicker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast