Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not a report...but important info for Castaic fishermen

Like I said. The dude changing rolls of paper looked and acted suspicious on the 10th. It even came off that way to me while there but didn't think anything of it unti8l this post. Maybe he was adding some extra stuff along with the paper rolls? Timeline is right on.

So sorry to hear that and it sucks. My son in law got ripped off to a while back at an AMT in Riverside.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    Like I said. The dude changing rolls of paper looked and acted suspicious on the 10th. It even came off that way to me while there but didn't think anything of it unti8l this post. Maybe he was adding some extra stuff along with the paper rolls? Timeline is right on.
    The most suspicious part is that someone was putting printer paper in the pumps. They never have printer paper.

Well that dude was putting rolls in that day. Bad cover then if they never have paper in them, lol.

this was on the news in la a couple of days ago,channel 7 i think.they used skimmers and got a bunch of people.as far as this being the first time skimmers were put on a gas pump,not even close,happens fairly regularly and will keep happening,keep your eyes open.

i am not sure, but if there is a skimmer on, the the transaction wouldn't work for the consuner, i think. so if that is true. check for a skimmer if the transaction doesnt work. can any-one tell me if this is true?

A co-worker of mine got hit for $11,000 before it was noticed and he exclusively fills up at that Pilot! You would think that his bank should have noticed something wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    i am not sure, but if there is a skimmer on, the the transaction wouldn't work for the consuner, i think. so if that is true. check for a skimmer if the transaction doesnt work. can any-one tell me if this is true?
    With a skimmer on the pump the transaction would still work. The skimmer is just another reader the reads your card before the real reader. The ones I've heard about go on outside the slot and are designed to look like a regular cover. If it looks like you could pull a cover off of the face of the reader, don't use it, call the cops. The trick would be also getting a PIN#.

If they are putting something inside the pump then you have a whole other story. They could record everything.

However they're doing it the people who are exposed are probably making almost nothing. I hope they get the people who are making the money.

after hearing that so much of this is happening now, I've made it a habit of actually trying to pull off the slot where the card readers at. haven't found one yet but who knows maybe one day I will, if I do I'll call the cops right away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123