Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fairmount Park - Evans Lake DFG Trout Plant

riverside_angler... "anyone who knows fairmount knows it's not the best of places...fishmounter should know this better than everyone!"

Well I am there a lot, but I mostly go in the early morning hours, so I don't see too many bad-*** guys lookin' for trouble. They are still sleeping. (Really) The few times that I go in the afternoon/evening, there are more scary-looking types about. I guess if you are a young guy, dressed a little "gangsta" and sad to say, if you look or are Hispanic or Black, some idiots will want to hassle you. Old bearded white dudes like me only scare little kids and sometimes someone will offer me a dollar or some food, thinking I'm homeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    The bums that chill between the golf course pond and the main lake are kool... go talk to them if u get messed with... haha 1 of those dudes seen me catch my only bass there off a spoilershad swim bait thingy in the golf course pond.. no pic no fish? ask the bum!
    what's your definition of a Bum?
    Last edited by Criss; 01-18-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Thats you all right fishmounter...picture perfect and I can see how you fit in. As for me I have no beard but just flat out old and scary ugly and left alone, kind of nice to be like that sometimes.

I was wondering if any of you guys have caught at Fairmount since the rains came. I sure havent, so i've stopped going to Fairmount for a while...

any one know if the water is still all brown?

[QUOTE=riverside_angler;514965]it definitely still looks like chocolate milk. I was there yesterday for about an hour, C-rigging for nothing. I think the bait has to hit the fish in the head in order to get hit.

On another note, I almost got rolled up by a couple of "vatos" there. Not a good place to be by yourself.[Pinche vatos...they do ruin everything. They always confuse me because Im bald and end up explaining that I' dont bang and that actually Im a stoner dude/vato. It does not work sometimes, but as you can see...im still alive Haaaa haaaaa haaaa haaaaaaaaa. Na...I wimp out...its not worth it

It is not going to be cleaner until late spring I'm guessing. Use noise-making reaction baits, dark colors, and firetiger baits.

Jigs with rattles or knocker baits and rattle baits would work. I also like to use black Sencos with a rattle fished really slow in these conditions...works good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123