Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apollo park fish stocking video. 1/13/11

I went out there again today and the Sheriff was there checking licenses. There was only one patrol car and I did see people pack up and leave when she started checking . The bite was good in the corner over by the little fenced pier. I got there late, so there were no real good spots. So I did get the big . . Will have to try again this weekend. Good luck to all.

Here is the article from the L.A. Times.
    Trout poachers cited in Lancaster
    January 14, 2011 | 8:03 am
    Two trout poachers have been cited for violating fishing laws in a Lancaster park, authorities said Friday.

L.A. County sheriff's deputies and wardens with the state Department of Fish and Game conducted a day-long surveillance Thursday of Apollo Park after receiving complaints of excessive fishing.

Poachers seemed to favor days when the park pond is restocked with trout, which occurs twice a month on Thursdays from November to April. In warmer months, catfish replaces the trout, authorities said.

Two people were issued citations for fishing with more than two poles and smoking in a county park, authorities said.

Sheriff’s parks bureau Cpt. Stephen Smith said joint operations will continue on a random basis to enforce fishing rules and regulations

good, hope they start nailing more people.

I know of someone who I will try not to mention who he is but he's what I can a fake veteran, he was air force and national guard, he got kicked out of the air force and medical out of the guard, has never been overseas but managed to get rated 100% disabled so yes he doesn't work. He seems to think just by showing the warden and or whoever checks him, his letter from the VA that he's 100% (stupid) he doesn't need a license.
    I can't wait for the day I see him out there knowing he doesn't have a license I will call DFG or point him out to the cops. Certain people need to be taught a lesson, especially when they tell everyone their an Iraq Freedom veteran but never went.
    Yes I would turn in my brother in law oopppssss I said I wouldn't mention who this person is didn't I? OH WELL.

guess i will give it a go out there tomorrow too. but first i need to go online and get my new license. this will be my 31st year in a row getting one.

Well maybe gramps was a threat or just being a a**hole to begin with.But yes there are some lawENFORCEMENT who think their sh*t dont stink. Either way I see it is I buy my fishing lic. on or before Dec.31 each yer iif somebody doesnt have a lic. "bookum dano" ,if someone is throwing out casting nets "bookum dano".Buying a lic is cheaper than paying a fine and losing ur tackle and gear.I am just sayin.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    Except a few of them act like jerks. I don't mind getting asked to see my lic and checking a fish count (we need that now and then to keep us honest) but some of them are ridiculous. Last week I seen them harassing a senior citizen fishing with his 7 year old grand daughter. They were acting like he was a threat.

Know what's really sad? The quality of the fish in this plant puts Fin & Feather to shame. And you don't have to pay $300 a year on top of a DFG license.

Quote Originally Posted by stickin' it View Post
    Know what's really sad? The quality of the fish in this plant puts Fin & Feather to shame. And you don't have to pay $300 a year on top of a DFG license.
    Haha,, No Joke.. I have been a member at Fin N Feather for 6 years and the quality they have been putting in at Apollo is quite good. (Browns too).
    Fees at Fin N Feather just went up $20 this year... Hope the new President plans on reviving that club.
    Sucks that a private fishing club is getting worked over by a county park lake.
    WEAK !

The reason the laws all over it is because its been a poachers paradise for a long time, i went over on a monday one year to try some spinnerbaits i was going to use up north, i fished next to two older people who were slaying away, they were tripping on me releasing the fish,i asked how they were doing they opened an ice chest full of trout, all they had to say was they fished the same way at little rock dam and lake elizabeth,,they had the ice chest with wheels so they could make a fast escape i guess, or handle the big load,,,,,,,,,,,

I wouldnt eat a fish from that "Turd Pond'' if ya paid me.... Its just a place to go and tune up and try new lures. Problem is ,, the trout in that pond wont even chase a lure.. Have to drag it Slooow...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast