Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apollo park fish stocking video. 1/13/11

Default Apollo park fish stocking video. 1/13/11

Hello fellow fisherman,
    Went out today to apollo park and got there around 8am, Lake was not to busy. Setup and started to fish, the bite was slow, but the fish were biting. Around 9:45 the fish truck showed up and I don't know where all the people came from, it's like when you feed one duck, within seconds you have all the ducks in the park on you. Well it was the same thing here. It's like come on people let the guy at least finish before you start throwing your line out there. Taught my daughter the definition of a truck chaser.

The fishing was pretty good, had to huge bites, that snapped my line when reeling in. Also saw a guy catch one in the 4-5lbs range. In the afternoon. 5 sheriff patrol cars and 1 DFG truck showed up and swooped in like a raid . On the side of the lake we were checked for licenses and how many fish we had, 3 times. 2 times by different sheriffs and 1 time by the DFG lady officer (Very cute ). I would have posted some pics, but I was told not to snap pics by one of the officers . I was in awe on how they did all this. So if your fishing apollo, make sure to have your license on you. I will be out there tomorrow again and will post a report then. Thanks everyone.

those trout are big for DFG.....
    [IMG]http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/DrewbaitWHITE-1.jpg[/IMG]

The DFG does not stock Apollo, it's the county. Tried to read the side of the truck to see where they come from, but I couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout 1 View Post
    those trout are big for DFG.....
    [QUOTE=The DFG does not stock Apollo, it's the county. Tried to read the side of the truck to see where they come from, but I couldn't. [/QUOTE]

Yes those did look nice. And surprising enoughn the DFG does stock some nice sized trout. When the DFG from Ventura stocked Alondra a couple of weeks ago, I caught 13 1/2" to 14 1/2" long trout and it looked like there were even bigger ones. I went fishing there for 3 days and I would say 90% of what I caught were in that size range.

Here is a pic of 4 nice ones I caught on New Years eve. The bottom one was pregnant and shot her eggs out when I was grabbing her. Hopefully the DFG does more of that this year.

Glad to hear Apollo had some patrols out there too.

Tight lines everyone!

Those Sheriffs be harassin people all the time

Quote Originally Posted by BlkManFishin View Post
    Come on now,,,,, ''Be Harassin'' lol
    I loved it,,,,, Watching all the non licensed idiots bailing out the other side as the dfg and la county sherrifs were checking the other side. Hellarious,,,,
    Hope they are there every day....
    That toilet needs a good flushing now and then..

Well glad to hear the sheriffs and DFG are cracking down on the poachers. I just read this this morning:Trout poachers cited in Lancaster Los Angeles Times .

How much are the fines nowadays for feeshing with more than two poles?

As a law abiding citizen and fisherman, I welcome the Sheriffs and DFG Wardens. THe more the better!!!!!!!!!

Except a few of them act like jerks. I don't mind getting asked to see my lic and checking a fish count (we need that now and then to keep us honest) but some of them are ridiculous. Last week I seen them harassing a senior citizen fishing with his 7 year old grand daughter. They were acting like he was a threat.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast