Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 01-13-2011 Fishing at DVL

Quote Originally Posted by KingShad View Post
    DVL is going downhill for anglers. There was about 10 boats on take that day. I went to my first two spots and had them all to myself and it was quit. On the first spot a rental boat with two white guys in it came up next me and trolled over my hump within 10 feet from my boat (no exagerration). I let it slide, then they made three more passes within a few feet of my marker bouy directly over where my drop shot was lying and still only 10 feet away. We had enough of those yahoos and moved to a saddle that is back with the water rise I always have luck on. Sure enough here come the yahoos again. I tried to take a photo but they only made one pass this time still in casting distance of me. Then right after them a ski boat came up with three white guys on it and trolled in between me and the shore where I was casting which was about a 30 foot distance. What the heck are people thinking? How do we stop this?
    Hahah, Well it's not a laughing matter but guess what the same thing happened to me that morning as well. Some people are new to fishing and are not aware of the un-written rule to respect another fisherman's water. I fish DVL quite often and alot of the regulars know me. The best thing about DVL is that it is so big and there are tons of spots that hold fish throughout the lake. I have had people see me catch a fish and they motor over right on top of my area just to ask you what you caught the fish on.

How do we stop this !! Stop all WHITE guys from fishing .

Im a WHITE guy and It wasnt me. However, a black guy with bleached skin who resembled a white guy crowded me with a brown guy and another guy whom I couldnt tell what that guy was. Anybody get crowded by those guys i.e. the white guy, bleached white black guy, brown guy, or guy Im not sure what that guy was?..hehheheehheheheheheh.

On a serious tip, I think some anglers are maybe a bit "Green" to the sport out there and just don't know. Mistakes happen and definately a learning curve going on.

There were a couple yellow guys out there crowding me...or were they Red? Or green?

its funny you mention that KINGSHAD. being that i work for a tackle shop and am on the lake 5 days out of the week, i have a lot of anglers follow me around. i see it everyday and in all honesty it gets a little tiring. im fishing deep structure and i see them hauling butt across the lake then slow to a stop to see what im doin. when i go to take off from my spot, i'll see them flip a u turn and start metering. the spots i've been fishing have been so in small they're not even something a person would take a second glance at. i realize the lake is small and a lot of people can find similar structure but not something as small as one small rock with a bush on it on a rocky bank. when it happens by the same boat multiple times throughout the day it gets bad. i find myself sometimes having to make long runs around areas to throw people off. friday i had to drive from the west dam to the east then back just to get rid of someone who was following me watching me meter and check spots out.

im all for helping a fellow angler and do my best doing so, but sometimes its enough to make me put the boat on the trailer.

the thing we all have to remember is look at big league anglers. they deal with 100's of anglers following and watching. in a 3 day event the guy on the first day that watched might be fishing their spot the 2nd day before they get there. when i look at this, it makes the DVL crowd a lot less of a problem.

everyones learning and deserves the benefit of the doubt. people just need to learn to respect each other. the problem is that its not getting any better, but worse. nobody wants to search for the bite or spot anymore; they want cut and dry answers. what baits are you fishing? what colors are you fishing? where are you fishing? and how deep are you fishing?

KINGSHAD, i definately know how you feel.

Matt, I swear I wasn't following you. I just happened to hit every single spot you hit completely by coincidence! Really! It was amazing! I guess great minds think alike!

Seriously though, thanks for everything you taught me.

haha. you crack me up. if someone like you is cool to me and respects me i'll usually call anyone over. you were way cool. you were like 100 yards out and asked me. that was really cool of you! i appreciated that!

ya its one thing to be disrespected out on the water by new fishermen who don't understand the etiquette and another thing to be disrespected intentionally. regardless its just one more kind of pressure we have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    How do we stop this !! Stop all WHITE guys from fishing .
    lol, no then i couldnt fish. it was just a description, dont read too much into it.

In all honesty not all, regardless of race.......some fishermen just dont think that they are wrong to come into an area with their outboard full throttle or come through trolling within 2-10 feet of your lucky spot. Maybe and just maybe some of them will gain that knowledge by reading some of the posts in this forum. There's alot of good info in most of the threads on the FNN Site. I just enjoy readiing all the post made by people especially when I can't go fishing. The negative posts I tend to ignore because they are just that.............
    Last edited by FrazeIb1; 01-18-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast