Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greedy Floater Bites the Dust

Watch the aquarium at Anglers' Marine. Two to three months ago, a new LMB was put into their aquarium, but it happened to be a bit smaller that some of the present dwellers. One of those "bigger" guys decided to have the newby as a meal, but discovered it just too big to swallow. That greedy fellow swam around that aquarium for three days with the newby stuck in his mouth, tail hanging out, while its digestive tract finally consumed enough of the newby for him to finally swallow.

Nice picture.

I found one like that at Castaic a few years ago. The coots were following it around and I went to check. After I picked it up I folded the gills fins down, it flipped into the water and took off. I revived the bass and let it go too. Sorry no pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    Someone posted a pic of a floater @ perris but it was a striper and it had a HUGE gill stuck in it.. striper had to of been 10 lbs anyone have or remember that pic??
    I think Gary found a huge striper with a smaller striper in it's mouth at Castaic a year or so ago. Both were dead.

I fished DVL today and found a LMB floater, 3ish lbs. I removed the bluegill from his mouth which luckily swam away. The LMB looked like he was almost dead but after deflated with a needle and swam away strong. He swam head first like a peice of lead straight to the bottom. Anyone know if this is really good for the fish long term with no air in bladder? Maybe a partial deflation?

Quote Originally Posted by skunked again View Post
    I fished DVL today and found a LMB floater, 3ish lbs. I removed the bluegill from his mouth which luckily swam away. The LMB looked like he was almost dead but after deflated with a needle and swam away strong. He swam head first like a peice of lead straight to the bottom. Anyone know if this is really good for the fish long term with no air in bladder? Maybe a partial deflation?
    Partial deflation is best but how much I have no idea as I am not too experienced with this. Hopefully the DVL regulars will help you out on this,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123