Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tip of the month: How to use magic worm blowers!

Thank you smokehound. I think this is good, when i tell some people about using these worm blowers they act like its a confusing concept. But you even have pictures. Smokehound you are a true fellow catfisherman. LOL, now you have to show people how you can use those worm blowers with a cut in half nightcrawler. And for those who might say its not possible to do, your wrong, cuz i do it all the time for cats and trout. Its deadly for trout. and actually pretty deadly for cats too.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Oh dang i didnt realize how late i came to this thread.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

I do fine with the cheapo- size 6 black octopus hooks from wal*mart!

Unless you're targeting larger trout, that case, i'd stick with Gamakatsu or Owner Octopus hooks., same size as above.

The cheap octo's bend easily, but are fine for trout from 1, to 3 lbs.

Heres one, has sufficient sizes. http://www.basspro.com/Owner®-Hooks-.../21648/-249503

(for larger trout)

Default Rigging.....

Smokehound: thank you for your reply........how do you rig these hooks to the night crawler? could you do some more of those great illustrations? I catch lots of big trout on 2# line with Power Bait, but I want to learn how to use night crawlers the CORRECT way.........thanx again....Bob sr

Quote Originally Posted by bob sr View Post
    Smokehound: thank you for your reply........how do you rig these hooks to the night crawler? could you do some more of those great illustrations? I catch lots of big trout on 2# line with Power Bait, but I want to learn how to use night crawlers the CORRECT way.........thanx again....Bob sr
    have you tried using a worm threader? those work great and by threading the worm onto your hook/line you can catch several fish on one worm before having it torn off.

really late to this, it popped up when i was searching for something but great explanation. i've heard about this for sometime but never got a great idea of how to do it or why even. Last weekend a guy fishing down shore from me mentioned he was doing it and gave me a little insight but not as detailed as this. i'll try this out next time.

Is this ... the fourth one down (AH) the one you're suggesting?

http://izuobrothers.com/category/fishing/hooks/

Interesting suggestion ... will have to try it

tight lines
    Tuna out[/QUOTE]

Lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,owner misquito hooks and i blow them up like a balloon ,then i know if the crawlers are old or fresh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the threaders are for a whole different way of fishing the worm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but there is threading the line back and forth thru the worm putting the barb in the collar then blowing up the short end,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,caught alot of browns that way,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for the tip.

No problem, Sonia. ASL? LOL jk.

I wish i could afford owner hooks, haha.. not until i start breeding some P. metallica..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast