Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shaver Lake

Default Shaver Lake

I am taking the family to Shaver Lake up north.My question is do you guys know if carp are in Shaver Lake and has anybody caught them?or fished for them :wink: any info much appreciated!!! thanks Brian

I have personally never seen a carp in shaver nor have I heard of anybody catching them.

No carp, but catfish, crappie, rainbows, browns, Kokanee, and maybe brook trout. I remember my first trip to Shaver, which was back in the 60s, we caught all except for the kokes. Am I old or what????? :P

thanks for the replys guys!I really appreciate it.report=I only fished for a couple of hours for nothing but very nice lake with very clean water.The lake was down about 10+feet as the locals said.The day my family rented waverunners I talked to a little boy who caught 5 trout and one small mouth bassby the marina.-- Brian

i went to shaver lake 5 years ago and never went back. We caught 2 mudsuckers and a TINY small mouth. the whole 4 days we were there.

My brother and I were there last weekend and caught 10 Kokanee Salmon and 11 rainbows around 14-15 inches. Next year's koke's should be even bigger! You can catch smallmouth bass all day by the rocky areas using crickets.