Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trouts on the rooster tail lure

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    i do good on those mini crank baits from walmart strike king i believe
    those little cranks have got to be my all time favorite lure. i have caught so many trout on one small crank its rediculous i jsut recently lost it trolling at corona :( and i cant find anymore that are just like it.

rooster tails suck for me, they used to be good but now it seems like quality has really crashed. The last 10 i bought either didnt spin at all or would only spin at really high speeds. I rarely use spinners but when i do i lean more twards panther martins, they always spin and at really low speeds if you want to fish it deep.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    rooster tails suck for me, they used to be good but now it seems like quality has really crashed. The last 10 i bought either didnt spin at all or would only spin at really high speeds. I rarely use spinners but when i do i lean more twards panther martins, they always spin and at really low speeds if you want to fish it deep.
    yep i agree, you get some that dont spin right at all, but that happens with many lure, like rapalas sometimes they dont swim right or they just spin.

panther martins to me are the best, spin like a charm

Panther Martins are my favorite. Have been doing well with them for years. I can't knock rooster tails though. My favorite lures growing up were Kastmasters, and now Panther's, so I haven't really spent too much time using them. Probably should though. Give me more of a variety to spend money on

I grew up with rooster tails as my dad bught them. then, When I was older I got introduced to a panther martin and NEVER looked back. Roosters work off and on for me....mostly not. but I do have some in white. their blades just dont spin like panthers.
    If youd look in my tackle box I have solid silver, gold and rainbow color Panthers and are always my go to..

There is no such thing as a TROUTS! Sorry pet peave.

Black and Gold is my favorite, hard to find at times, excellent in low light conditions and the Sierra bows seem to love um.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    There is no such thing as a TROUTS! Sorry pet peave.

Black and Gold is my favorite, hard to find at times, excellent in low light conditions and the Sierra bows seem to love um.
    Them Trouts sure was tasty! Piece of straw hanging out my mouth... lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12