Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trouts on the rooster tail lure

Default trouts on the rooster tail lure

when i go trout fishing i always like to bring rooster tail spinning lures on my fishing expeditions. wy? because every fish i have caught on those lures where decently sized. for example when i went fishing in a lake in az i caught a 1 and 1/2 pound and 3 pound rainbow trout on the white 206 WH rooster tail. Another time at lake Irvine i caught 3 roughly 2-4 pound trouts and a 2 pound largemouth bass on the 210 WH green rooster tail. If ur looking for an efficient freshwater lure i would recomend the Worden's Rooster Tail selection. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! :)

I just love the Worden's Rooster Tails. I think they work better than the other brands because they still spin on a slow retrieve. I have caught all kinds of fish with them, even catfish. I like them.

Got myself a new white rooster tail too....what are your favorite colors to use?/

Dark green or black for the pudd.

i do good on those mini crank baits from walmart strike king i believe

I've had good luck using "bumble bee" roostertails at lake Cahuilla (sp?) out by Palm Desert, and white or pearl off the dock at Big Bear.

my favorite colors are the light green ones and the white ones.

Traveling in southern Chile about 1988, I found this good size river 150' wide. Crusing this dirt road looking for a place to camp out I found this bend with a cove at sunset time. Started tossing lures then put on a lime green Rooster Tail for the fattest 16" brown trout ever. Had a body like a LMB, a real freak. Tasted good too.
    DR

My favorite w/gold blades:
    1. White
    2. Chartuese
    3. Orange

X2 for the bumblebee w/gold blade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast