Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Apollo Park bite slow, but still fun with daughter.

Default Apollo Park bite slow, but still fun with daughter.

Hello everyone,
    Took my daughter fishing today at Apollo park. Thought they had stocked it, but word around the lake is the next stock will be on 1/13/11. Oh well, we were there already. I asked if she wanted to fish with bait or lures. She chose power bait with bite-on. She said she would bait her own poles and use whatever color she wanted. Told her that was cool, It was all her today. She had an idea, that if she made the power bait look like a fish, then the fish would bite her line. So she made these,

I just smiled and said ok, Go for it. I started to work my lures and about 15 min later, Wham! She gets a bite and works this nice size trout in.

Very cool, I tell her. She is so happy, She says told you dad. So I keep fishing and I'm not getting anything, but at least my baby got one. Bam!! She gets another bite, but misses the set. Oh well, I tell her. The next one. She tells me, wont it be funny if I catch all the fish and you don't get any, like the time we went on the boat in the ocean. I tell her this will be a bit different, since I don't have to keep putting bait on her pole. We laughed and continued. Well, make a long story short.

My daughter - 2, Dad - 0 . Maybe there is something to her little powerbait fish.
    Told her we will need to have a rematch. Will keep you all updated.
    Last edited by Love to Fish; 01-06-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Photos not loading.

just one word... AWESOME

i am so envious that you get to spend that kind of time with your daughter and that she enjoy's fishing with her dad. unfortunately, my daughter's mother makes it almost impossible for me to spend quality time like that with her. again, im truly envious... enjoy your time with her, and enjoy getting outfished by her

Great post!

Even though you say the score was 2 to 0 in favor of your daughter, it's gotta way better than the other way around. After all, I know that's why we all bring out our kids.

Thanks for posting,
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    just one word... AWESOME

i am so envious that you get to spend that kind of time with your daughter and that she enjoy's fishing with her dad. unfortunately, my daughter's mother makes it almost impossible for me to spend quality time like that with her. again, im truly envious... enjoy your time with her, and enjoy getting outfished by her
    Double A,
    I wish your daughter's mom would realize that a kid does really need their dad in their lives. The time you have with them seems so short, before you know it they are all grown up and dad is not cool enough to hang out with. If you ever get a chance to take her out fishing, let me know. My daughter and I would be honored to fish with you both. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Great post!

Even though you say the score was 2 to 0 in favor of your daughter, it's gotta way better than the other way around. After all, I know that's why we all bring out our kids.

Thanks for posting,
    brian
    Nothing beats the joy they get when they catch a fish. It could be a dink or a whale, it doesn't matter to them. So as long as she is catching and having a blast, I'll take a skunk any day.

Wow! your a lucky man! My daughter out fishes me every time. I love taking her fishing

Quote Originally Posted by kerryvbc1 View Post
    Wow! your a lucky man! My daughter out fishes me every time. I love taking her fishing
    Thanks, I belive I am very lucky and she can out fish me any day and I would love it.

Nice job out there!!!! Your daughter is on to something.... I roll my PB in the shape of a worm/minnow everytime and slowly work it back in.... works everytime... well, maybe not everytime.. Great job!

just put a big smile on my face when i saw her power minnow.. thanks