Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: heads up! more bull $@%# coming our way!

Default heads up! more bull $@%# coming our way!

not that i buy my ammo from cabelas
    but my ammo does come from out of state at almost 1/2 the price of our local dealers.
    got 15 more days to stock up!

To: Cabela's California Customers
    Subject: California Assembly Bill 962
    Date: Nov. 30, 2010

On Oct. 11, 2009, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed Assembly Bill 962, legislation that will restrict purchases of handgun ammunition in California, and will prohibit California residents from buying handgun ammunition through catalog and Internet vendors.

AB 962 will become law statewide Feb. 1, 2011. If you have any immediate handgun-ammunition purchases you'd like to be able to make using the convenience of Cabela's catalog phone center (800-237-4444) or our website (www.cabelas.com), we encourage you to act quickly. All orders for in-stock handgun ammunition shipped to Cabela's customers in California must be placed by Jan. 21, 2011, at 9 p.m. CST, and must be delivered by Jan. 31, 2011, to conform with the new regulations contained in AB 962.

In addition to banning catalog and Internet sales of handgun ammunition, AB 962 will:

* Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale, or the display of handgun ammunition in a manner that allows it to be accessible without assistance of an employee.
    * Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or tranferor being provided bona fide evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.

That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:

* The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
    * The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
    * the purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
    * The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

We appreciate the support of our many valuable California shooting-sports customers over the years, and regret that we will no longer be able to provide them with handgun ammunition through catalog or Internet sales after Jan. 21, 2011.

Dude, since you look like Bin-Laden... I'd stay clear of buying ammo and researching ammo online if I u!

That sucks, I love target shooting in the desert...pull that skeet.

Damn OPF, that's amazing that you can shoot skeet/trap with a handgun. I find it challenging enough with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBassHogExpert View Post
    Damn OPF, that's amazing that you can shoot skeet/trap with a handgun. I find it challenging enough with a shotgun.
    Thank you And yes I can with a 22 cal pistol, but on a lucky shot. I'am much better with my shotgun...thanks for the reply...And happy days to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Dude, since you look like Bin-Laden... I'd stay clear of buying ammo and researching ammo online if I u!
    You serious he looks more like Snoop dog, you need to get you self some glasses

all the more reason to take up archery!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    that explains why you kept looking down every time i passed by you at the striper fest.
    don't be scurrd i wont fly a plane in to your trailer... i mean house.

If we could just elect Sarah President of the United States and pack Congress with so-called "Tea Party" members, there would be no problem buying as much ammo and firearms as you can afford. Don't forget, it's your 2nd Amendment absolute right to own all the firearms and ammo you want. Anyone tells you otherwise, they know nothing about the U.S. Constitution.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast