Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could I be the first one to catch a DD for 2011 to beat Yolo?

Default Could I be the first one to catch a DD for 2011 to beat Yolo?

Went out with KPN last night. It was cold but clear sky & no wind, beautiful night. We went with our ususal route.
    1st spot....nothing
    2nd...nothing
    3rd...4th..nothing.
    5th spot....I hooked up..muscled the fish to shore and when I saw the fish in the water I immediately thought to myself "YEAH!! my first DD for this year".

Lengthy fish, ain't it?

She topped out at 31" and weighed 9.5 lbs. Not a double D but I'm very happy. What a great way to start the new year!

so to sum up...no I didn't beat Yolo.

might not be the DD you were after

but, still a VERY nice feesh

just assuming that Kahn wore a stripe ?

Way to go. My fish from Monday might have been DD but I defaulted to just under 10. Once you get on em they will keep coming more regularly. I can't explain why, they just do. Did it have stomach contents and/or egg or milt sack? If it was full it would have tipped the scale over 10. Good to see some other AV reports too.

You can go back and get some more because I have not fished since Monday's catch and am going out of town tomorrow morning until Sunday. Duct is all yours man! Just leave some for me when I get back.

Nice work Hai..

First DD striper of the year on FNN duct page

So for the new year your in the lead.. well tied with Yolo at 1 and you have the biggest..

How about us duct regulars keep count on number totals and years biggest on our signatures? Would certainly keep the reports high on the board!

Great job! I'm going to head down later this week, Thursday or Friday and see if I can get a DD.

Good luck and I hope you get one or more for that matter. I am out of town from Thurs. to Sun. so you will have to go without me. Maybe that will be the ticket finally? :)

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    Good luck and I hope you get one or more for that matter. I am out of town from Thurs. to Sun. so you will have to go without me. Maybe that will be the ticket finally? :)
    Hmm, O wonder if your my bad luck charm..................... BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Just kidding. Have fun at the river

Last time I sent you out solo you hooked up right away at the place I sent you to so who knows?

Nice fish you have there!!!

Hai
    Nice catch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast