Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lethargic Stocked Trout

try using lip ripperz in sherbert color. never fail on stocking day.

Quote Originally Posted by PUDD MASTER BAITER View Post
    there has been at least ,4 to 5 trout stockings at the pudd.of course, the plant chasers caught there limits, the day of the plant.at that spot .but then thinking the season, would take off for us fly guys,who are normally catch our limits. we found no signs like normal ,the trout arent schooling, like in normal years .we have had great success.even the normal spinning trout guys arent catching.there not dying off, or we would see signs.the birds, cant even get them.dont know the answer.where do approx..10,000 to12,000 trout hide in a smaller lake like the pudd. no bass have been seen chasing,like normal.will just catch carp till the trout start showing up...good luck..... mike the pmb....
    Yeah I don't get either,its not like I've never fished these stockers before, been doing it a few years,just seems off that last few stockings,even when I see the regulars,which I don't consider myself a regular, they tell me the same,fish seem off and these guys fish them week in and week out,doesn't seem to matter bait,jigs
    and all the other stuff'oh well enough complaining and back to fishing,or just go to LNL,JessRanch,ect,they always seem to produce. By the way plan to fish the puddle fri.
    Last edited by TUNAVIC; 01-05-2011 at 06:24 PM.

we be there fishing for carp by the middle pier cove.of course well be there today also, with our 3wt fly rods rigged, and ready to go.incase the trout show up. while using our 8wts and 10 wt.s trying to hook another fresh water bone fish. using corn..

That must be alot of fun, carp on the fly rod. Sorry for going off-topic.

we be there fishing for carp by the middle pier cove.of course well be there today also, with our 3wt fly rods rigged, and ready to go.incase the trout show up. while using our 8wts and 10 wt.s trying to hook another fresh water bone fish. using corn..

I'm kinda new to the trout game but I've been fishing a lot lately and it seems the fish are stayin bunches. The smaller lakes make it easier to find the fish, the bigger lakes you gotta search. If your not getting bites move around. Someone mentioned lip ripperz worms above and I will vouch also, they are awsome. White has been a killer color for me...

now its another stocking ,but the trout are not schooling ,like in previous years.myself ,robert,and vivid fly , who go every day havent had a trout show up at shore.no surface , and no birds scoring other, than the eagles who seem to score at will,and go around the lake ,like there showing off.robert will kick your booty with a fly rod.normally .he is like a guro at the pudd ,and hasnt had a hit in 3 weeks.im still fishing for carp with nada.ive even used berkley trout power bait worms on the fly rod .which owned with my indicator.ultra lite drop shot method, which caught bass, and giant pan fish this last season ,which drove robert ,who is traditional,with the fly rod crazy.hopeing for just anything.its like we are going thru the motions.those trout have gone deep following the shad schools.our time will come sooner, or later.we wont be denied!!!!!!!be patient and god bless ....mike the pmb.....
    Last edited by PUDD MASTER BAITER; 01-15-2011 at 04:08 PM.

I've been thinking of trying the Pudd. I just got my license and I'm a little tired of the pay to fish places. Is the Pudd normally a producer?

there has been at least ,4 to 5 trout stockings at the pudd.of course, the plant chasers caught there limits, the day of the plant.at that spot .but then thinking the season, would take off for us fly guys,who are normally catch our limits. we found no signs like normal ,the trout arent schooling, like in normal years .we have had great success.even the normal spinning trout guys arent catching.there not dying off, or we would see signs.the birds, cant even get them.dont know the answer.where do approx..10,000 to12,000 trout hide in a smaller lake like the pudd. no bass have been seen chasing,like normal.will just catch carp till the trout start showing up...good luck..... mike the pmb....
    glad to see i'm not the only one who's noticed the trout fishing has not been normal.i was at the pudd the last stock and there were only a couple people fishing and they let there fish go.so can't blame the chasers on this stock.1300 pounds of fish and no one catching anything all week.this as been the pattern all season except for the 1st stock.the south beach creek which is usually good for trout has been bad all season with no schooling trout as posted.and the water has been plenty cold enough.just don't get it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12