Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lethargic Stocked Trout

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lethargic Stocked Trout

Has anyone else noticed how lethargic or reluctant the city lake stocked trout have been to bite after being stocked?
    Yeah I've heard all the answers like they don't bite right away,they don't bite till the next day, they have to settle down first ect ect.
    But it's not my first time fishing city stocked lakes,with that stated I have noticed on the last 3-4 stockings the fish just don't seem to want to bite! Anything for that matter,
    Jigs,bait,kastmasters,ect,
    Prior to this even one or two of the first stockings this year seemed to be wide open,just wondering if anyone else feels the same or is it just me and the few other guys I see all the time at our local lakes who feel the same.(Legg Lake,Laguna Lake, Wilderness,La Mirada)and a couple of others.
    Also by the time they may want to bite the cormorants have had there way with them.
    By the way all you guys who keep telling the coomerants have got them all please check the spelling its Cormorants and pronounced the way it's spelled.

Dude, how do you even know when to be there for the stock??
    By the time I hit the lake, ALL the trout are long gone.

rumor is they sedate them for the trip to the lake......

Why would the stocked trout be lethargic? Just because they are raised in a hatchery where they are fed pellets for food, put in a truck and bounced around like a quarter in a washing machine and then shot out of a water cannon into some cement lined city park lake? Sounds to me like it has much more to do with the skill of the angler than the apparent lethargy of the fish.

Last time I was at Glen Helen on stocking day, the newly stocked trout were all chilling on shore dazed and confused. People were just netting and snagging em. Someone next to me mentioned they drug em for the trip to the lake. IMO, stocking day is not "THE DAY", to be there.

Lake temperatures have a lot to do with it. The lower the temperature the more inactive the fish is this even applies to trout even though they live in cold waters.