Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wading Shoes???

Default Wading Shoes???

Yesterday, I received my first pair of waders in the mail. The waders are Hodgman Breathable Stockingfoot Waders. I plan to start surf fishing and eventually float tubing.

What kind of Wading Boots can you guys recommend me?

Thanks in advance

i believe they also have hodgeman boots.. you can go on ebay and look for them...they have a diffrent assortment of them.

Is there any style that would be preferred? Just wondering why people pick certain shoes over others like comfort, traction, longevity, etc.

everything that u typed....its just preference.its what you like,and what you can afford.i bought some used,from someone here on fnn,40 bucks,he wore them twice.and i wore them like 20-30 times already,its what you like...

Exactly, I'm trying to see who likes what and why. I would hate to go out, buy some shoes, and hate them when someones advice could have prevented all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by .:LOLLY:. View Post
    Yesterday, I received my first pair of waders in the mail. The waders are Hodgman Breathable Stockingfoot Waders. I plan to start surf fishing and eventually float tubing.

What kind of Wading Boots can you guys recommend me?

Thanks in advance
    i just picked up a pair of 100 buck simms blackfoot boot and i couldnt be more stokd they are soooper comfortable and warm defianty reccomend them

when i first got my waders i got boots to go with them. that was a mistake. they weren't these same ones, but similar:

the problem with these is in the surf they receding water and waves hit the broad sides of the boots and it's always pushing and pulling you.

i've noticed a lot of the surf fisherman here have boots like these, which are narrower and probably much better:

Thanks guys for helping me narrow down my search. I think I will buy some this weekend and start some surf sessions

ditto what gavin310 said. I have a pair of Cabelas "flats booties" I wear in the surf. The perform much better than lace-ups for a number of reasons - primarily they are all plastic and rubber and have nothing to rust.

Whatever you chose, I'd recommend looking for something that will keep sand out as much as possible. I've tried a couple different booties and aqua shoes, and settled on the Cabelas product because they seem to do the best job.

Eventually, I think I'll end up buying a pair of waders specifically for the surf in which case I'll get the boot foot - which will keep all the sand out.

Thanks City Dad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast