Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are CA DFG at work

I talked to her Wed night,she told us those boneheads got a $1600.00 fine.
    WOW that is serious.

Mike

[QUOTE=mullet;512933]I talked to her Wed night,she told us those boneheads got a $1600.00 fine.
    WOW that is serious.

''Cha Ching'' NICE !!

Nice find Eddie!

To bad some are diverting it into other directions and turning it into other than your intentions!

Back to regular programming!

To bad that $1600 that will go into offsetting the state deficit and not benefit the F&G though!

Default $1600

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Nice find Eddie!

To bad some are diverting it into other directions and turning it into other than your intentions!

Back to regular programming!

To bad that $1600 that will go into offsetting the state deficit and not benefit the F&G though!
    Well hopefully some of it goes towards enhancement of wildlife.
    I can tell you one thing,she is focused on catching perps.
    We talked with her again last night .She is catching peeps and doing her job.

She is also a people person she doesn't come at you with a atitude,
    which is kind of what I've gotten from most of the dept.in the past.
    This is very refreshing,but don't get me wrong.
    If your intenionaly poaching shes looking for you,
    and looking hard.
    I for one am glad to see her out there & doing her job.

Mike

Mike, I too am glad to see the DFG out there. It does not bother me one bit to get checked by them when they are doing their job. I make it a point to tell them that I am glad to see them. If you watch the show, you would know that there are 240 of them out on patrol. That is alot of area to cover, when you consider there are that many deputies just in Los Angeles County. DFG, Coast Guard, Harbor Patrol or Port Police, we should all be glad they are out there, even if it means 15-20 mins out of our time for an inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by mullet View Post
    Well hopefully some of it goes towards enhancement of wildlife.
    I can tell you one thing,she is focused on catching perps.
    We talked with her again last night .She is catching peeps and doing her job.

She is also a people person she doesn't come at you with a atitude,
    which is kind of what I've gotten from most of the dept.in the past.
    This is very refreshing,but don't get me wrong.
    If your intenionaly poaching shes looking for you,
    and looking hard.
    I for one am glad to see her out there & doing her job.

Mike
    Mike,

I agree with all in your post!

I wish I had the opportunity to see their presence more often than I have experienced in the past! One such meeting in the past four years fishing about 40 times a year. It was a great experience as the 2 of them pulled up in their boat in NPH and saw my license and asked what I had caught and even gave me some intel on some harbor hot spots!

Great to see they are catching a few here and there and working hard to put a dent in the problem! But how many "Ants are in an Anthill" or "Bee's in a Beehive"? Unfortunately removing a few of them will not exterminate the "Colony"

As for that $1600 fine, it will probably not go a long way. I can tell you that I can write you a $100 violation as a Federal Officer for a Ca. F&G violation and it will go straight into the Federal General Fund to be distributed out by the President and Congress however they see fit! It would be hard to estimate what percentage actually came back to the agency I work for in the Fed Gov. but probably some minute figure like .00035 cents or less! Just an example!

Quite sure the California works the same. I also wonder how the loan that Gov. Swartz took out on our DFG License Fees we pay a few years back fared in the recession?

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    Mike, I too am glad to see the DFG out there. It does not bother me one bit to get checked by them when they are doing their job. I make it a point to tell them that I am glad to see them. If you watch the show, you would know that there are 240 of them out on patrol. That is alot of area to cover, when you consider there are that many deputies just in Los Angeles County. DFG, Coast Guard, Harbor Patrol or Port Police, we should all be glad they are out there, even if it means 15-20 mins out of our time for an inspection.
    Eddie,

I also welcome their visits also. 240 Officers for 58 counties does not go a long way! Thankfully other agencies are assisting then as well! I have had way more contacts from the cooperators and most of them have been pleasant also.

i love the show every wed.keep the good job dfg.

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    DFG, Coast Guard, Harbor Patrol or Port Police, we should all be glad they are out there, even if it means 15-20 mins out of our time for an inspection.
    Rant On !
    I have a problem with them and getting pulled over and checked 50% of the time.
    Seems like mid week alot of guys are getting inspected. Talked to some guys in Pedro and they get hassled alot too.

There is so much security down there with these guys hauling as s back and forth all day that mid week when it is quiet and best for going out, they see you sitting there and say ' Lets check this guy out ' they are bored and looking for something to do.
    Mostly Port Police. Thanks Bin Laden
    Weekends are not as bad due to the higher boat traffic.

To make a big deal over a couple poachers with a few lobster is a spit in the bucket compared to how many hoopnetters have taking up the sport in recent years.

Fishermen Say ' Yah, but it is legal ' Yes you are correct ' It's Legal '

BUT With all the websites and guys showing off there catch it just fires up more people to go.
    Turns into a Internet contest, Divers too.

Who Benifits ? Guys Selling Gear $$$
    Who Looses ? We all do. Now we have Lobster Cards
    Breakwalls that look like the the 405 freeway at the start of the season !
    Breakwalls being closed due to too many hoopers (Ventura)
    More enforcement needed $Taxes$
    Fights on the water, Divers vs Hoopers, my spot

Things have cooled down alot since 3 - 4 years ago seems to be less posting on most fishing websites.
    GOOD.

Anyone ever think about how many people hoopnet in 2011 vs the year 2000 ? ALOT MORE.

Sometimes Fishermen need to look in the mirror and ask who is hurting the fishery.
    Legally!

Rant Off !
    DR

And then there are those who forsome unknown reason,
    feel its there duty to constantly to stir the pot.
    Probably doesn't help in the big picture either.
    But they figure it does.I don't get it,
    hopefully someday they will.

Mike

thats great to see. not to sound like a rat but i seen these guys today at Hesperia lake. they had 10 poles in the water between the two of them....then the person who worked there told them they could only have at most 4 poles...so they took out 6 and once she left they put a couple more back in the water....i was tempted to call CALTIP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast