Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bako boys decend on Castaic 12-31... Met some FNN pals atleast

Default Bako boys decend on Castaic 12-31... Met some FNN pals atleast

TroutJunkie, Trailblazer and I hit Castaic in search of limits of stripers. Our OG plan was to hit the MID for the Wide open bite there. Thanks to GeordyBass for the heads up it was closed.. Castaic was the 2nd spot for the end of the year bash.

So with Fishinislife's and other's bait post's we new it was about bait down deep. Yet it is a struggle to get TB and the StriperJUNKIE to anchor down.. RIGHTFULLY so I may add.. Ended up trolling up to the back of Elizabeth for one schoolie by Troutjunkie. Got to EC and anchored down with the fleet.

Slow pick all around and Cutbait managed another schoolie. Few fish being caught so we search out new water. Trolling several points, metering LOTS of schools in 25-30ft for few shakers..

End up at the BL and see FishinONE, Koifish, and fish bones all hooked up!!! in DEEP WATER!!! Long story short,, Fishinone gave us a anchor with a long enough rope to hit bottom, even chucked us some bait which fell short and sank.. RON throws like an engineer!!!!! So TB decides to chuck a fluke over their head and have them snag a bag for us and reel it back to us... But!!! TB didn't mention how high over their head.. If it cleared fish bones head by an inch I would be shocked... 1/2 lead head screamin at em..

Ended up with maybe 10 kitties between TroutJunkie and I, and no more stripers.. Were not into baitn and waitn so we didn't start out and just stayin for an hour or so baitn down was hard to do..

Limits could be had, with long anchor ropes, fresh dines and lots of patience.. which we don't have.

Ron, Alex and Koifish... Class acts pals and like you said Fishinone... what comes around goes around.. Anything you guys need you holla at da bako boys!

Congrats to the guy who got the 11.5 LMB on the swimbait.. We could see your grin from 300 yds

Incase your reading comprehension is a bit on the weak side..

TRAILBLAZER SKUNKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ouch... too bad the fish didn't cooperate a little better.

at least the wind wasn't blowin 100 mph.

next year, there's alwayz next year.

Had a blast bro,cant wait to do it again.I might ad that it was a long ride home with TRAILBLAZER SMELLING LIKE SKUNK AND ALL......LOL. Anyway,thanks to both of you boys for taking me along,hope I did'nt take up to much room and I hope nobody got hungry,HA.happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm, I thought I was the only one that skunked out there. Weather condition there was perfect too, hardly any winds, water temp. was ok, and they just recently stocked 2400lbs of trouts. Also went to fish Elizabeth Cayon, but to no avail. I figured most of the stripers were near the boat launch ramp ambushing the trouts, oh well there's always next year. Thanks for the report.

Congrats to the guy who got the 11.5 LMB on the swimbait.. We could see your grin from 300 yds

where was this at?

Quote Originally Posted by Btbdodgers View Post

where was this at?
    All I can say is it was the upper. I would feel real bad divulging more.

how bout ski arm or fish arm?

Yep,,,You both put a WHOOPIN on ole TRAIL BLAZER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Had to happen sooner or later,,,GLAD IT WAS LATER!.

Troutjunkie handled that striper like a real trooper,,,,,,,,,,,,,and Cutbait,,,,You were on kitty fire there for a little bit,,,,,,,,,,,and me????? well?? What can i say except ,,FUNNNNN!.

FISHINONE/FISHBONES and KOIFISH===GREAT Company out there,,,CLASS ACTS!

We OWE you Fishinone,,,,,,,,,,,,,THANK YOU!

That guy that cought the HAWG,,,,,,,,,,That dude was GLOWING!!,,,,,,,,,,,Who ever you were,,CONGRATS!

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 12-31-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

TroutJunkie, Trailblazer, and Cutbait

Nice to see you out there today... We had a good time. Happy New Year to you all.

carpboy take it easy on scott, now he will have to smackdown on you, i would have made it but i forgot about the quagga quarentine,cant fish again till sunday,may go to the mid and fish in the snow,before i head up north next week for some work and fishing in bishop,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast