Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trout Recipes?

Default Trout Recipes?

I've been doing a lot of local trout fishing. I was looking for a few good recipes to get my family eating it. We've been doing the foil wrap on the bbq method...

This one is pretty easy,I fillet the trout and try to rid them of all the bones,leave the skin on one side.
    I cut the fillets in half,I season them with garlic powder,a lil salt and pepper,then in a large pan I put in olive oil get hot then add fillets.Then plate and have lemon and soy sauce ready and let each person add as they like. Tasty!! Oh yeah I forgot a few Miller Lites adds to the flavor! Here we Go! (sorry bud lite).

Cya Tuna Vic

My favorite and easiest way to prepare trout is fried. Small ones can be fried whole, but I prefer to fillet them, at least the ones over a pound. Make sure to either cut out or pull the little pin bones that go up the lateral line. Lightly salt and pepper both sides then roll in flour and fry in a skillet. I have yet to find any way to keep anyone from eating them prepared this way, including picky eaters. Any left over fillets can be warmed up and served on buns as fish sandwiches or in a tortilla for fish tacos.

I have also used the steamed in foil method. I like that okay as well, but a lot of people don't like picking the meat off the bones, even though it is quite easy with trout. When I prepare it this way I notice that not as much fish gets eaten. I take all the left over meat off the bones and make fish cakes with it. Basically equal parts fish, ritz crackers and onions, an egg and just enough milk to help bind it all together to make patties, similar to hamburger size, salt and pepper to taste and then fry in a pan with just a little oil to keep from sticking. These can be eaten by themselves or served in a bun. I rarely have left overs when I prepare fish either of these ways. Another option with left over steamed trout is to rid it of all the bones and mix as you would tuna salad and serve as sandwiches.

Also, if you want to bbq trout, the best way I have found is to plank it on cedar planks. You have to soak the cedar planks real good and then season lightly with salt and pepper and cook your fish directly on the plank. The cedar imparts a nice smokey flavor to the meat.

Nice suggestions Granny....yummmmm!

TD

im gona try that cedar plank method sounds great
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fish View Post
    Also, if you want to bbq trout, the best way I have found is to plank it on cedar planks. You have to soak the cedar planks real good and then season lightly with salt and pepper and cook your fish directly on the plank. The cedar imparts a nice smokey flavor to the meat.

heres what i do fillet trout debone deskin n marinade in a soy sauce/sugar/lemon juice/garlic combo for 20 mins then pan fry with a lil olive oil n butter till crispy n caramelized on the outside

After frying them split them down the backbone spread them apart and all the bone comes out together

it all sounds great. thanks. Now I gotta go get more trout!. i hear theres more rain comming...

who....who eats fish?! jk. clean it then stuff with onions, tomatoes, basil, seasonings, olive oil and the slap it on the grill. also fry the smaller ones in a pan (pan fry?) and watch out for hungry family members

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast