Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1st time @ SARL

Default 1st time @ SARL

hey fellow fisherman. I'm gonna attempt SARL for my first time on thursday and was wondering if anyone could help out with some helpful tips? I have been to corona many times, and typically throw power bait on a short leader or drop shot some power worms. Does this work at SARL or is there a better method? Also, where do I go on that lake? I have never even seen the lake so I have no idea what the hot spots are. I may rent a boat if they are allowed on that lake. where are the hot spots for the boats? any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure that the water is muddy, but hopefully not to the point where the fish are completely blinded. i went to corona last week and couldn't see my bait the second it touched the water.

please advise and thanks in advance.

I would save my money buddy read the reports ,but if u really gotta go good luck MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!ur gonna need it jk

does anyone take the 91 west to get to SARL? how bad is traffic and what time do you typically leave to get there by opening?

Get there by 4AM or so if you want a decent spot. The traffic is bad from 0530-0830 on the 91 from Riverside. It is like 10 MPH from the 15 past the 241

what are the good spots? is it better with a boat or from shore? it will be my first time there.

good luck its gonna be tough. herd the bite isnt so great the water clearity is shyty use every scent you have.

I would skip the boat unless you just feel like fishing from one...taking a break in the car is nice on a brisk day sometimes Personally I would go to Chris's pond(it is the smaller body of water closest to the 91 fwy), solely based on the kind of fish that have gone in since the beginning of the month. If you dont get bit there, maybe you'll want to try your luck in the big lake where there should be plenty of room on a Thursday.Inflated crawlers, spring green pb,bright plastic trout worms or white jigs are all good ideas imo....vary your leader length until you find the sweet spot and sometimes you'll only need to cast 10 feet or less to catch the big ones! Good luck and be sure to post a report.

Here is there site if you want the report/stckings vids
    http://fishinglakes.com/

TD

I'm gonna be headed here in a couple of days, should be cold, sunny, and clear. Just a heads-up before you make the trip there-- today through thursday it may be quite windy. After these storms, we usually get a short bout of offshore flow.

This might not happen though. go to NOAA.gov to see an accurate forecast. Don't rely on sites like wunderground or weather.com...