Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Christmas Day Halibut for Mom. S.W.A.T. Solo Mission 12/25/10. Bonus 1/16/11 Report!

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    Aside from the fish not getting the memo!... I, had a great time anyways
    It was a pleasure fishing with all of you today.
    John, I think they did get the memo... it reads "S.W.A.T. on their way, get the @#&*! out of the area!"

Quote Originally Posted by fish_sauce View Post
    Arthur,

Thank for the invite! It was nonetheless a beautiful day out, and i had fun catching up with familiar faces and had a chance to meet some new ones.

Jerry, good seeing you again, we definitely gotta fish together again later this year, i might take you up on that offer to do some freshwater bassin'!

Sorry about the broken rod Steve, but its always a good excuse to upgrade

Mike, hope you feel better soon buddy, we need you in top condition for the surf later this year!

Robert, your singing in the surf made my morning! Thanks for the donuts!

Frank, John, Johnathan...great fishin with you guys, listening to stories, techniques, etc...here's to another good year of fishing!

Andrew
    Thanks for coming out Andrew, we will have some epic sessions this year, that's for sure! See ya soon buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Arthur,

Did I look like this while taking the tumble?

or this?

I always manage to catch that rogue wave in the most ugly spot!

It's all good, my newest stay dry gear allowed me to stay submerged for quite some time and still come up ready and willing for action. I made a few casts before I realized the damage to my DS rig! She lead a good life and is replaceable!

To the crew!

It was great to get out for some time on the waters with some new folks today and look forward to the next mission!
    Please don't change your screen name to "Flookie" Steve.
    We've all been rolled a few times in the surf. I don't think a S.W.A.T. member is truly a S.W.A.T. member until he/she gets up-ended in the surf at least once.
    Good sharing the sand with you my friend... looking forward to doing again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    SWAT,

Sorry I missed the outing with the guys. Wasn't feeling too good last night, slept in really late, felt a lot better surprisingly, and got out for about 1.5hrs today for my only fishing of the weekend. Don't think I'm really up to anymore since I'm not feeling that great now. Dad and I both got two total, but lost the tapeshots in the upload. Dad's was actually a bit bigger than mine, but he didn't really show it off to the camera too well. I know what they went, and dad and I were happy to get them . Felt good to be on the sand again in 2011, and it was a nice time out after not fishing for a while.

Arthur, as always I appreciate the invite, and know we'll hit the sand again together sometime. Got the new addy for Wingnut HQ, and expect something shortly.

Sorry to hear about the lost rod Steve, it always hurts to loose a favorite, but hopefully the replacement will do just as good a job.

Mike, feel better soon man, and major props on making it out there early in spite of it, and also for the call a few days back. It's all settled down now, and hopefully I can start fishing some more.

Jerry, appreciate the intel man, and I'm going to make use of some of those tactcis you mentioned for hopefully a 30in+ this year.

To all the other SWAT guys, look forward to hitting the sand with you sometime soon!

The fish:

Gear: LC Flash Minnow 130 on a Phenix XG1 7'9" glass cranking stick (12lb fluoro) and Dad used a BIG no name saltwater grub on his 706M dropshot rod (10lb fluoro), both in Sardine patterns.
    Awesome job Marc & Dad! You guys followed with the afternoon assault and nailed them.
    Congrats on making the Dean's list at USC... very proud of you buddy!
    Hopefully, we can all fish together soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Team-

We could not have asked for better weather and conditions looked great (calm, clear water/ lots bait fish at first spot). We all ended up with just one each yesterday. The count was as follows: One juvenile halibut (questioned and released), one juvenile leopard (released), and the rest of us caught skunks. SWAT Members are sworn to kill skunks at all costs but they some how managed to get the best of us yesterday. … LOL

Thanks guys (Arthur, Mike, Jonathon, Frank, Steve, John, Andrew, Robert, and Bill). It was good just to get out yesterday good weather, good friends, and good times. Looking forward to the next mission. We have a score to settle with the enemy.. I also want to say thanks again to Murrieta Angler for breakfast and lunch.

Marc- Glad to see that you guys made it out for a short session. It looks like you put that info to some good use. Well done my friends. Hope your feeling better. Let me know when your ready to fish some LMB.
    Jerry, thanks for taking the time to join us, I know that you've been crazy busy lately.
    Sometimes, the fish gets to win... gives them a little bit of false confidence and then we'll hit them when they're least expect it. Plenty of epic sessions and glorious victories in the horizon!

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Fellas,

What can I say? the fish just simply did not want to cooperate yesterday. We had the S.W.A.T. squad at full force , throwing everything we can possibly think of, to only catch two fish! The fish indeed got the best of us, but now we have a score to settle big time. Redemption will be on my mind in the future.

I did manage 1 shortie, but ehhh, I'll take a full morning of hanging out with great guys anyday. Met a couple new people, great guys indeed.

Steve: man, I didn't get to see the first time you fell and stood underwater for about 10 seconds but the second time was pretty awesome. I'm about 15 feet away from you and I see it coming...I see you trying to time it.....you jump ....AND....it takes you for a 3 second ride backwards and you still stumble! but you know what, much props for not falling man.

Robert: Dude, you definitely woke me up in the morning. Had me cracking up the whole time. I didnt even know you were a successful raper from the LBC

Arthur: Once again, a great time as always. Thanks for the S.W.A.T. gear brotha. I'll beat you to the spot nextime, I figured the commander had to be there first, so I cut ya some slack.

Jerry: Nice meeting ya bro and thanks for letting me follow you to our second spot, I had no idea where we were going lol Took me forever to get back, I "thought" I knew how to get back but I was wrong...

Mike: you my friend, are a trooper. Sick...throwing up...no sleep...and you still showed up! S.W.A.T. dedication!

To the rest of the team, it was a blast as always. Nice meeting some new people and seeing some familiar faces. Lets do it again soon! it was awesome seeing the whole beach covered with S.W.A.T. members.
    Good fishing with you again Frank... hard to come up with an encore performance after your 30" Hali, but bigger and better things awaits you. We'll do it again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Had to see why this post keeps going ? Another trip. Hey Jerry, that spot looks familiar.

You guys look tore up like rough night after closing down The Mine Shaft
    Bones, keep your hands visible and out when talking to LBPD.
    They have been trigger happy lately.
    SWAT should have hit the KH bubble for some serious rod bending.
    That is if you can catch a land based Bonehead ???
    DR
    The questions isn't if we "can" catch one... it's if we "want" to catch one Martin. You stick to your waderless Bone fishing in the harbor... too challenging for me. lol
    I would love to see some pics of your catches once in awhile though, might add some excitement and a different dimension to your reports. How about a pic of that 28" Flattie you caugh at Cherry a few weeks ago... I would love to see that, please PM it to me.
    BTW, thanks for giving up the Boneheads intel at KH, I'm sure many FNN'ers owes you a debt of gratitude for such generosity. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hey Guys!!!
    Thanks for the invite Arthur, the donuts and lunch were my pleasure.

Johnathan, we most definately need to get down to Mex for some WSB in August. Just let me know the time and place!

Frank, nice job getting the only halibut of the day. Next time we "ALL" get one.

Mike, sorry that you weren't feeling good, I would have stayed home in my chonies watching football and eating all day!

Steve, I didn't even know that you ate it....I'm just glad that you didn't get hurt! When I woke this morning my wrist was killing me from my little stumble on those rocks.
    Also, that is a very cool crucifix you have now!!

Jerry, thanks for the invite to your stomping grounds. It brought back memories from working at Broadway Glass & Mirror.

Andrew, the only other person to lose that skunk. It's fun catching those little leo's on lite line.

Bill, we didn't get to talk, but there will be other adventures.

Take Care Everyone & God Bless You All,
    Robert
    <><

p.s. John, How could I forget the little guy..hehe
    Good fishing with you again Bro, next time we will tear em up...
    Robert, keep you car key in your pocket!
    Again, very cool of you to bring doughnuts and treating us all to lunch. Now, don't let it happen again! LOL
    Good luck on the recon trip tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by gavin310 View Post
    Man you guys hit the surf in full force! I went out Sunday to the same spot I met up with some of you the other weekend. It was pretty slow, but the weather and surf were both great and I manage to beat the skunk with a 16" hali.
    At least you got a Flat one Gavin, they're tough to come by lately. At least the legal ones anyway, just a bunch of shorts. Hope to hit the sand with you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post

Goodness, the flatties are lucky they weren't in the area or they would have been obliterated. Look at that show of overwhelming firepower.
    Slow fishing, but I call it a training excercise to keep SWAT sharp and at the top of the game. BSP and dad, nice legals!
    No kidding Phuong, we carpet bombed that entire place.
    BTW, I want my car back by the 31st! I checked with Telenav, 1400 miles in less than a month?!? I don't even put that many miles on that car in 6 months.
    Bob (T/O) wants us to join him on a Striper kill mission sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Wow...What a turnout for the day!
    15 sticks on the beach.....I think we scared the flatties out of the area!

The SWAT fellowship is growing and to think......Not ALL soldiers were present!
    It was a rough start for me after staying up all night and tossing my cookies but I couldn't be MIA for the operation. Too bad my body gave up before phase two with you guys. Still suffering from the flu but starting to get back on top of things a bit.
    It still was good to see all of the Boyz out in full force and I want to thank Steve "Flyngby" for the framed pic of my PB halibut. Very cool buddy! Also ....sorry about your rod dude.....
    I still would have laughed at you getting rolled

Good Job on the legals Marc and Nick! Kinda had a feeling it was going to go off later in the day since that's what the original recon intel told us.

Lt. Bones.......Debriefing Complete-------<><
    Glad you're feeling better now Mike. It was fun perching it up with you on Saturday to break the Skunk. Got my biggest Perch of the year so far!
    I gotta beat City Dad for the biggest Perch of the year honor... there's a steak & lobster dinner is riding on it!

Quote Originally Posted by ToadsToadsOnly View Post
    It was great being out on the water with you guys and nice to finally meet the the SWAT Team. Even though it was on the slower side i had a great time out on the water with you guys. Hey... Skunk or not we wer out on the water FISHING on a beautiful day with great company. Cant complain about that.

Arther that whole time I thought i was picking your brain asking about your outings. Also thanks for the invite to SWAT and thanks for the sick swat gear I appreciate it. That cashier at the sizzlers was hilarious "Are you guys like copse or somthing?" Uh? Sure, "Wow so you guys jump out of airplains and stuff?" um yea, "WoW! how cool!"

Andrew nice seeing you on the water again and we should go hit up the Newport bay soon. Drop me a pm with your #

Steve even though you got rolled on the surf you are right you were still dryer than I. Sorry about the broken rod bro and look on the bright side at least its a shimano rod they are awesome about their warrenty.

Robert, I cannot wait till august I have not been out to that spot in Mexico for the seabass in a couple years we will definitely put together a trip down there this year and maybe we might even get a few other swat members to come along.

I had an awesome time on the water with all you guys we will get them next time the halibut spawn is just right around the corner we will put the wood to them next time.
    Jonathan, good sharing the sand with you my friend. We need to do another kayak mission, I miss it!
    With your long and extensive experience in both fresh & salt, you will undoubtedly be a great asset to S.W.A.T. Glad to have you on board!
    Last edited by Wingnut; 01-25-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Adding response.

WN,
    NJOYED the bonus report as much as the first, sweeet! S.W.A.T. is growing stronger every year, who knew?

NG

That's a nice perch wingnut. I hope I can get a couple of those this year.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789