Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: catch and release at local parks

Default Re: catch and release at local parks

I know the pay lakes don't allow catch and release. But how about city parks or other lakes like yucaipa, Rancho Jurupa, big bear, jenks etc. do they allow C&R on jigs or whats the deal.

Thanks RT77

I catch and release at Glen Helen and have had no problems. I have heard the same is done at Rancho Jurupa....

from what i understand there is nothing saying you cant do that. but i would just suggest being responsible in making sure you don't release a fish that wont survive.

its no problem on jigs. the hooks are supposed to be barbless and you are not supposed to take it out of the water though

yucaipa doesn't allow it for sure. i've been caught a couple of times, no big consequences, just got the slap on the wrists.

Well, I have talked to Game Wardens and there is NO law against it, the only time you cant C&R is during derbys and if the fish is injured. You can pretty much only C&R with jigs and lures.

Andrew
    [IMG]http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/DrewbaitWHITE-1.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for the info fellas. Yeah i was curious about which lakes alowed C&R and which did not and your experiences if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by bass assassin#23 View Post
    yucaipa doesn't allow it for sure. i've been caught a couple of times, no big consequences, just got the slap on the wrists.
    Slap on the wrist by who, Lake staff or Game Warden ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trout 1 View Post
    Well, I have talked to Game Wardens and there is NO law against it, the only time you cant C&R is during derbys and if the fish is injured. You can pretty much only C&R with jigs and lures.

Andrew
    So then it's only lake policy if they don't allow C&R. Thanks Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by bass assassin#23 View Post
    IT depends who it is there. Last weekend I released some right in front of the guys and they said nothing.

However at Glen Helen years ago an older guy working there checking permits got all pissed off at me for doing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast