Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troutman65 first DD trout at Sarl w/ pics.

Default Troutman65 first DD trout at Sarl w/ pics.

I posted up that I wanted to go fishing today . No one wanted to go so I went solo . Got to the lake at 11:30 AM . Called my friend Timster and let him know I was fishing. Saw Timsters friend Creig. I set up next to him. Creig was doing well and almost had a limit when I got there. I won a new Pheonix Mirage fishing rod on Sunday at the Team 57 event raffle . I also bought a St. Croix fishing rod from Rooster.I was wanting to go fishing and try out my new fishing rods. Glad I went today as I got my first DD trout .

About 2:45 I was fishing Chris pond and my new Pheonix rod got hit hard. I had an inflated n/c with a power egg and Garlic BANG sent on it . I had a my Shimano Saros 1000 f on it . Nice match up . So this fish I have on the end of my hook is peeling line and stays deep . It made many runs and I am thinking at this point I got a big one on. Sweet!! It did not want to come up. It kept going down the shore in both directions. It must of been 10 min. before I saw the trout. OMG !! It was a big one. I yelled down the shore for another fisherman to come over to help me net this fish. Finally got ot close enough to the shore to net. I am thinking it's close to 10 lbs. I drove up to the tackle shop and weighed it and it was 8.0. Sweet !! But it was not the DD trout I have been after for years .

I come back to my spot and the guy who helped net my trout in all up in my spot with 3 fishing rods. I am like WTF ? I said hey I want my spot back please make some room . I will share the spot with you . I rebaited up and casted out . Real quick I got another hit, I could tell it was not huge but it turned out to be a 3.8 trout. While I was reeling in this 3.8 trout I noticed my Saros reel was not working the same . I am thinking that 8 lb trout smoked my drag and dusted my reel . Sure enough my reel is toast . I did manage to get the trout in and had to retire my saros for the day . Oh well got to make a trip to the Shimano repair shop tomorrow .

So I am down to one rod & reel my new St. Croix with a Dawia Execeller 1500. I bait up and cast out . With in a couple minutes I get hit hard again. The fisherman that has helped me is tripping out at this point at my hook ups. I am tripping out too. I can tell right away this is a larger trout and I am carefull not to farm it . I finally get it to the shore and I run it to the tackle shop and weigh it . 10.8 . Sweet !!! My first DD trout.

At this point its 3:30 PM and I am thinking I am done for the day . WOW! What a day it was .

Thanks for reading .
    Added info. I was using 4lb Pline and # 6 Owner baitholder hook
    I want to thank Timster for helping me out on lake info
    Also a big thanks to Castaway for helping me out on posting this report.

Last edited by Troutman65; 12-10-2010 at 02:38 PM.

awesome report bro..wih i had the money for one of those lakes! lol

I got your message and I've been waiting to see the report. Nice tails and pink meat for stockers. Glad you finally got you DD. I'm still waiting to get mine, but I want to do it at DVL.

Okay. Dude, those fish was huge. I got the call but I had to pick up the kids today. I wish I was at the lake though... I miss out. Glad you brought them over so I could see and take pix for you. We did good today. Me taking pix. You catching a DD.... I'm proud today... Congrats Patrick(TM65)......

Good things happens to good people...... Props.....
    Last edited by CASTAWAY; 12-08-2010 at 08:43 PM.

WTG Patrick! If they ain't biting 'crawlers, they ain't biting! Good job on both impressive fish and on your first (of many!) DD. BTW, you do know that you have to release the first fish caught on a new rod.....

WTG TM65!!!! Patrick guide service at Sarl is starting when now?

TD

congrats on your DD dude, its about time. look at the tail on that guy,very nice. well done. SCOTT/TEAM BRING IT

Now that is one hell of a report. Thats a day you will never forget nor will your official TM65 net dude .. I can't believe the tails on those beast. Glad the new St Croix held up well. If it snapped on your first DD i would have never heard the end of it

Congrats bro

Congratulations Patrick!

Great report and what a beautiful fish. Congrats again Buddy!

Way to go TM65 Great report, I love the pictures of the fish but really love all the blood everywhere especially all over your microwave. Again nice job patrick.

Big Daddy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast