Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team 57 Legacy Continues - No Family Left Behind - UPDATED!!

Sounds like it was a great event. I was truly bummed that I couldn't make this event but maybe the next one. Great pics and report. Events like this make you proud to wear that Team 57 gear for all to see. It is amazing when a group of people can come together for a great cause and Team 57 represented! Nice job too all involved with this special day.

Thank you Donna,Arthur and all the sponsors for this great event for a great cause, and also thank you SARL for hosting another team-57 event.
    I am looking foward for the next event at corona lake.

Donna,

I am very blessed to also call you one of my Best Friends! I remember being with you during a very rough time for all of us and encouraging you to stay strong and also reminding you that the spirit of Team 57 was watching over you. What I witnessed Sunday was nothing short of phenomenal. You told me that you wanted to keep Team 57 going and it was through your courage and your dedication to the Team 57 motto "Family, Friends, Fun and Fishing" that you proved to all of us that Team 57 will live on!
    Donna, I commend you for taking an idea, collecting the ideas and suggestions of Team 57 members along with their willingness to help out in one way or another to pull off one of the best Team 57 events ever. I know in my heart Dana was very proud of you.

When you called me to ask if I would help out with one of the families from the Eli Home I couldn't have been more proud to be included with Dr Hook and my Dear Friend CatchThatTrout to help any one of these children to have a very memorable day.
    I had the pleasure to be a part of Adrian, Marcos and Jonathan catching their first fish and a few more. I will not take all the credit because as you mentioned earlier it was definitely a team effort between Flyngby, Trollmeister and myself. It touched my heart in a special way to see these boys smiling and waiting in anticipation of the next yell of "Hookup!". Seeing these boys smiling was all I really needed but the one thing that will be etched in my memory was as we were parting ways. All three boys and their Mother shook my hand and said two wonderful words, Thank you.
    I am so glad that this family has been able to find help from the Eli Home and to the Mother of Adrian, Marcos and Jonathan, you are raising three fine young men. They were a joy to be with.

I also need to say thanks to one of our Team 57 members, the Father of Tony Nguyen who is pictured in the pictures Craig posted holding a trout almost as big as he is. Please forgive me for not remembering your screen name but I need to mention that I really appreciated the loan of the rod holders and I have them for you. Please shoot me a pm and I'll make sure to return them to you. Thanks again for your generosity.

To Craig Elliott and the S.A.R.L. Staff, thank you for your generosity and opening up your arms to Team 57 and the Eli Home. It was truly a very memorable day.

WOW! What a great event for a good cause it just keep getting better
    every time. Thanks again for this wonderful event see ya at the next 1

I made sure to get up early (actually, I barely slept at all) for this one. I had my canned goods ready since last Wednesday. I rolled up at 4:30 surprised to be about #50th in line! I was also surprised to see Donna and her crew already signing in everyone, along with Craig Elliott, Tony, and others! Donna, I DID RSVP, SWEAR! LOL! I'm glad you guys liked the doughnuts too-I figured you'd be hungry at that cold early hour.
    Nice sunrise!

My fishin’ spot

Terry(Pontoon), you're such a class act (how is it possible that u and Trolly are BFF's? LOL!!!!)I enjoyed hanging out with you from the parking line to the lakeshore all day. It was my pleasure. I loved watching you hand off the fish to the kids. Remember that Fatty the one biy landed? Whoa! Good thing Trolly was nowhere near that thing! He was like 3 for 6 on the netting! LOL!! Oh, and terry, watch out for that conduit sticking outta the ground-ya don’t wanna trip on it a SIXTH time! LOL!!

Trolly, thanks for the coffe and sandwich-Ur a lifesaver. You are the most entertaining guy I know! Who brings an antique clown head to a fishing event? ONLY TROLLMEISTER! LOL!

Ok, so picture this........A SEA of Team 57 gear COMPLETELY surrounding the whole of Chris's Pond! WOW! It was so friggin cool! There were more Team 57 members than I can ever remember at any other event! What a great cause to support too! Here are some of the boys from the Eli Home:

Thanks to all who participated. Its always so cool to meet up w/everyone. Bones, UR Baaaaaddddd. Wingy, it was fun hanging out at your car during lunch. You are a class act, and Dana would b proud of what you have done to help make Team 57 more successful than ever! We missed Wingnutpug tho. 

A shout out to all my friends who helped make this day so special: Hitts, Tak, G’ma & G’pa fish, Koshaw, Murrietta Angler, T-Man 65, SCCA members (who are always cool as cucumbers), Catchthattrout, Sansou, Bulletsfull & Tater, Hometown, Dr. Hook(Art), Fat Tony, Lucky Luis, Bones, trout 9,and Mr. Chilax. Y’all made the day special. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Craig Elliot of SARL, It was great spending time with you and shooting the bull lakeside. You are a great guy, and I’m glad I got a chance to meet you. Thanks for the outstanding lunch and a great day on the water.

I got 1 nice tailwalker for a photo op in my latest net.

Donna, you are so awesome, and thanks for getting me addicted to that dumb fishing game on your phone. LOL! (But I did catch a 451lb Marlin!:) What a fantastic report too! Seriously, I know it took you hours just to put that together, let alone the event itself.

To sum up this day, I overheard Wingnut and Donna talking at some point. I'll paraphrase: Donna: "I hope Dana would be proud of me." Wingnut: "Are you kidding? He's jealous, and pissed! (because it was such a success!)" LOL!

Tight lines until next time!
    PS. What the heck was this????? Trollie’s kid??????

Greg, I saw this picture today and almost blew coffee all over my boss's computer screen!
    I'll have you know I did trip over it for the seventh time as I was packing up to leave. Had the cones been a little larger and the proper caution tape been in place I still would have tripped over it!

Yes, I do remember the fatty you are talking about. As soon as I saw it I could only think to myself, "damn, I hope my knots hold!"
    Like I said I couldn't think of too much else when I saw the size of that fish. I just wanted that young man to land it!

I feel bad now because I should have mentioned that you were there cheering those boys on as much as any of us and it was you that yelled "Don't let Trolly have the net" and took over the net duty.
    Greg, you are a class act and thanks for helping out and it was definitely cool to spend the day shooting the bull with you.
    Last edited by PONTOON; 12-08-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Donna, you put in the time and it paid off! We had a blast mingling with all the old and new members and we especially enjoyed being part of the Eli House food drive. We got skunked but seen lots of happy anglers out there catching. I didn't show up to fish anyway. Thank you to SARL and to all the sponsors for making this a great event.

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and support. Like I've said many times, I couldn't do it without each and every one of you. Looking forward to doing it again!

D

Donna, Arthur was telling me how hard you worked on the event and I want to congratulate you on a job well done. What a fantastic charity event, great job to all those involved.

Art, I think Donna earned her SWAT stripes, don't you?

Team 57 forever!
    Last edited by blackwater; 12-10-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Donna, thank you so much for a fantastic event. It was fun meeting some new members, putting a face to some names, hanging out with SWAT and a few other guys I hadn't seen a while, and even catching a few trout. I haven't managed to make an event before this, and definitely regret that now. I'll be sure to show up again in the future. The cause was great too, and I'm glad I could help out.

Thanks to SARL too for having us!

SWAT, always great seeing you guys again, and all the trash talking that goes on. We definitely had prime seating for lunch, and the lakeside walk proved to be enlightening as to some of your guys'... opinions. Can't wait to hit the surf with you guys soon!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast