Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris Lake Question

Default Perris Lake Question

Probably gonna head out and float tube Perris on wednesday. Where is a better spot that is holding the bass? I am gonna try to stay on the North side of the lake. Dont wanna tube too far out there, and I have never fished that lake from a boat so idk where to start. Should I tube out by the dam or the launch ramps or over by lots 13 by the tules?? What would be a better spot? I have a fish finder rigged to my tube so I should be okay,,,but a pointer in a right direction from all you boaters you would help out tremendously!

Thanks,

Eric

All the bass right now are holding under Pete's boat.

Sounds like your first time in a tube out there?

Try out Sail Cove.You can drive down to the shore to unload your gear if you like but you can't park down there without a handicap sticker. Straight down from the parking lot is a small point that extends out far underwater with some nice drop offs. They dropped off some tree stump/root balls out in that general area earlier this year but have haven't had much like finding them. Its kinda tough and slow finding that stuff in a tube with the fish finder. You're right there at the dam so you can try that out too.

The boat ramps were nice to tube in the past when the water was up. Its just seems so small now with the low water and there no rocks in the water. There should be a trout plant this week and thats where they stock them.

Don't waste your time right now in the back of that big north east end cove. Thats all shallow water. You start getting into 2 to 3 feet of water way before you get to the vegetation.

When are you going out? I may be out there too.

hahaha.. Ill have to come to shore so you can cast under my boat.. hahahha..

Seriously though, I dont tube but Ive seen alot of tubers in the sailcove area (Northwest corner) and also by the jetski ramp. Alot of guys do well in those areas.
    You should drop shot those areas..

Good Luck

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Oh you don't have to come in that close. I'm in a tube so I could meet you out by the buoy line to get a few cast in under there.

Haha, ya I'm going to go out try to find that point your talking about and find some deep water bass, then work my way over and fish the smaller sized rocks on the dam. I am gonna go out tomorrow morning from early morning until about 11.

Thanks for the info though, I went out tonight and got a couple from shore with a drop shot jackall pumpkin seed wacky rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post

Seriously though, I dont tube but Ive seen alot of tubers in the sailcove area (Northwest corner) and also by the jetski ramp. Alot of guys do well in those areas.
    You should drop shot those areas..

Good Luck

Pete
    Where is the jet ski ramp??

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    Where is the jet ski ramp??
    Thats the ramp at lot 11/12