Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dam Guasti Lake

Default Dam Guasti Lake

Went out to Guasti today for some trout and got skunked lol.. tried jigs, lip ripperz, Gulp ,PB , and Night crawlers wit gravy sauce ol well at least i wasnt the only 1 lol . Most of people i talked to didnt get anything either and it was a little windy 2day.. They been having plants every week so it should start to get goin pretty soon.. The Derby at guasti is coming up in 2 weeks hopefully the bite will be better by then or else it wont even be worth going out there..

Quote Originally Posted by 420fisherman View Post
    Went out to Guasti today for some trout and got skunked lol.. tried jigs, lip ripperz, Gulp ,PB , and Night crawlers wit gravy sauce ol well at least i wasnt the only 1 lol . Most of people i talked to didnt get anything either and it was a little windy 2day.. They been having plants every week so it should start to get goin pretty soon.. The Derby at guasti is coming up in 2 weeks hopefully the bite will be better by then or else it wont even be worth going out there..
    i got pix of about 50 dead mt lassens belly up and a trashcan full of lassies..go to glen hellen till guasti derby aftermath at least thats what imma do..good luck on finding quality trout during december bro there out there..

The Derby at guasti is coming up in 2 weeks hopefully the bite will be better by then or else it wont even be worth going out there..
    idk man..i went to the derby last year and got skunked..to me, that place is a mudhole and should be fixed up..has a lot of potential tho

I went out there yesterday, and went through everything in the tackle box with no luck, the only fish that came out of the lake while I was there was approx a 14" taken by a bird

fish are still dieng over there? without being caught? really? i was out there for the opener sucked horibly

Quote Originally Posted by Crismateski View Post
    I went out there yesterday, and went through everything in the tackle box with no luck, the only fish that came out of the lake while I was there was approx a 14" taken by a bird
    yea, that lakes toast the way i look at it

With the cooler temps we're looking at here the fish should start adjusting just fine. They stocked on Wed this last week cause of the holiday. So you fished it 5 days after the stock, lots of fighermen and birds to compete with in that time. Not a lake in LA or OC you could say held trout after 5 days haha (take this one with a bit of salt)

I didnt see no fish dead in the water so i thot it was gonna be fine . i didnt kno it was thats bad out there . Figured id wait a few days b4 i went didnt wanna fish it rite away. maybe I shouldve went rite after the stock lts cool tho any day to fish is a good day... Prob hit up glen helen this weekend havent been there in a while....

I didnt see no fish dead in the water so i thot it was gonna be fine . i didnt kno it was thats bad out there . Figured id wait a few days b4 i went didnt wanna fish it rite away. maybe I shouldve went rite after the stock lts cool tho any day to fish is a good day... Prob hit up glen helen this weekend havent been there in a while....
    if u go to glen helen, fish the coves...thye are in shallow right now...the birds are usually chasin them in anyways..goodluck

TG26