Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmdale, Ave. S kunk!

Default Skunk ave S too

I was near the same area and only caught a filthy rag and some freshwater clams.The KPN was the only thing I used all day luckily even after getting it snagged about a dozen times I managed to leave with the same lure I started with had to spool out my baitcaster a couple times and walk around bends and go on bridges and such to keep it though.Im not gonna give up on the duct though maybe just try down the road next time as desert fox suggest

Ave S on the downflow side of the bridge to just past the buoys is snag city. I don't know what is down there but if you let anything down to the bottom and work the bottom you are going to eventually snag. Just work mid to upper water there and you will be fine. Moving around is a must. No action in 20 minutes hit the road and go to another spot or start the duct march and walk the shore and cast, cast, cast and walk, walk, walk.

Quote Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    You can't just come on here and claim that aqueduct fishing is easy and you pull fish out out of their with ease when you haven't posted one single fishing report on your success at the duct. 460 posts and none on the duct?

If there are no posts and no pictures then it did not happen! No offense bro but it just seems like a slap in the face to the duct experts who have established themselves as producing duct fisherman to have you walk up and say how easy it is without posting any fishing reports. Your so lucky to live so close to the duct, why not throw up some reports here and there if its so easy?

Maybe he's the one leaving the traut lines that I come across that I cut up while keeping the tackle.

Duct fishing is easy? HAHA

Come on Desertfox. Own up buddy

Wanting to buy a ocean front property in Chatsworth

Don't give up Radray!

Keep moving around, find the fish. Trailblaza and I think of it like bass fisherman in boats. They move around the lake from point to cove to point. We are just going from gate, to siphon, to bridge, to overcrossing, to grates.. FIND THEM! Don't get stuck waiting for them to come to you..

Until you get your duct senses going, it may be worth your while and drive up to the Bakersfield area. More fish per angler and a much greater shot at beating the skunk. {like the one I found last night}

All those lures work great, I would add the Kinami lipless also. I caught many stripers on em and is my favorite lipless excluding the heavier KPN which runs deeper in the current and only $3.50

Quote Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    You can't just come on here and claim that aqueduct fishing is easy and you pull fish out out of their with ease when you haven't posted one single fishing report on your success at the duct. 460 posts and none on the duct?

If there are no posts and no pictures then it did not happen! No offense bro but it just seems like a slap in the face to the duct experts who have established themselves as producing duct fisherman to have you walk up and say how easy it is without posting any fishing reports. Your so lucky to live so close to the duct, why not throw up some reports here and there if its so easy?

the reason i dont post reports, for ANYWHERE i fish is because of the "duct experts" like yourself who think youre better than everyone else and that your secrets are so special.

the last time i asked for some advice on fishing the KPN, i was told to go **** myself. so why in the world would i help the others here. I was taught to fish the duct by some guy in a giant red F-350 who fished it daily next to my house, and without the help of those "duct experts" on FNN, ive learned to fish it myself, using completely different techniques than those who fish using lipless cranks and flukes on jigheads. so i dont plan on helping "duct experts" on this board...ever.

And i dont live close to the duct anymore, i grew up next to the duct, i still own the house and keep all my hunting/snowboarding/off road gear up there.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    Chatsworth is 1/4 mile from the duct? Your "location" says Chatsworth.
    My apartment is in chatsworth as i go to school out here. My property is in the area of 40th east and barrel springs rd.
    Last edited by xjdesertfox; 11-28-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    Ave S on the downflow side of the bridge to just past the buoys is snag city. I don't know what is down there but if you let anything down to the bottom and work the bottom you are going to eventually snag. Just work mid to upper water there and you will be fine. Moving around is a must. No action in 20 minutes hit the road and go to another spot or start the duct march and walk the shore and cast, cast, cast and walk, walk, walk.
    The last year or so Ave S seems to be everyones favorite fishing spot.It has paid off in the past for me not since the fishing pressure went up though.I did hike all the way under the freeway and such but I think I will just try a diffrent area all together next time hell maybe even this evening.I did think I got a hit once the sun was down and I decided to let it sink to bottom and Yo yo it up and down a few times before retreiving.Thanks for the advice and goodluck on your next time out YOLO from your recent reports you seem to have it down pretty well.

Thank you all for your responses. I will take note of everything said and just keep putting more time in until I run into a productive area and finally land my first duct fish.

Yolo, snag city is where we lost our lures. We got it unsnagged over a dozen times until we finally lost it. We looked at it as a tribute to the DUCT.

We will do a drive by of all the different gates to get ourselves familiarized with them before doing the gate jumping thing. I need to familiarize myself with the gates closest to Palmdale and Lancaster for when I move there.

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate all the help and tips. Any suggestions on wht gates I should try next?

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by xjdesertfox View Post
    the reason i dont post reports, for ANYWHERE i fish is because of the "duct experts" like yourself who think youre better than everyone else and that your secrets are so special.

the last time i asked for some advice on fishing the KPN, i was told to go **** myself. so why in the world would i help the others here. I was taught to fish the duct by some guy in a giant red F-350 who fished it daily next to my house, and without the help of those "duct experts" on FNN, ive learned to fish it myself, using completely different techniques than those who fish using lipless cranks and flukes on jigheads. so i dont plan on helping "duct experts" on this board...ever.

And i dont live close to the duct anymore, i grew up next to the duct, i still own the house and keep all my hunting/snowboarding/off road gear up there.

My apartment is in chatsworth as i go to school out here. My property is in the area of 40th east and barrel springs rd.
    You learned from a guy that fished it every day but never learned what the limit was???

You grew up next to the duct but in another thread you posted your facebook page and it says you went to Burbank High. Did you learn the duct from him when you were a kid? Your parents let you hang out there alone at that age?

It sucks that whoever you asked as to how to work the kpn told you to f yourself. It's not hard to figure out a lipless crank but this is later on because I thought you learned your ways from the "guy in the red truck"? You sure it wasn't the guy in the red suit? Hohoho.

Your stories just make one wonder. No big deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by radray View Post
    Thank you all for your responses. I will take note of everything said and just keep putting more time in until I run into a productive area and finally land my first duct fish.

Yolo, snag city is where we lost our lures. We got it unsnagged over a dozen times until we finally lost it. We looked at it as a tribute to the DUCT.

We will do a drive by of all the different gates to get ourselves familiarized with them before doing the gate jumping thing. I need to familiarize myself with the gates closest to Palmdale and Lancaster for when I move there.

Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate all the help and tips. Any suggestions on wht gates I should try next?

Raymond
    That's the way to do it. Go look around and fish. I can give you some advice but it is only for present conditions and it can change. The fish are not at the gates with this present flow. At least during the day when I fish I have not gotten any at gates in a month or more.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast