Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad business!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fisherjo View Post
    I have to say i have never had any complaints about corona lake till now..after posting this corona lake contacted me and offered me two free fishing passes for my inconveinence...i am very pleased...thank you to all who took the time to reply to this post...happy thanksgiving....

That was a nice thing to do by management. I have to agree with the old timer in the tackle shop . Life can't be that bad to always be grumpy . Your working at a fishing lake . Smile once in a while .

That's coming correct! Good to hear that they took care of you for the mishap. That's service. Now, we just need them to train the staff on being a little bit more friendly. LOL!

I agree, I used to go once to twice a week, I just live in Horsethief Canyon About 5 mins (if that) from the Corona Lake. I just got so sick and tired of the staffs attitudes and Even had a guy say "You dont have anything smaller" If we dont have enough change your just out of luck" serious as can be in a S&%$tty tone. when i gave him a 20 for 8 bucks woth of stuff at the store. Another guy said he wasnt the western outdoors where I asked him where the fish were hitting that day, when i was paying at the booth. I got tired of It and they lost my 44 bucks a week. Bummer cuz its so close

I fully understand the frustration of being turned around at the gate. They always close early the day before holidays and a simple post on the web would have solved that confusion. But GREAT ON THE CORONA/SARL LAKE STAFF for fixing it with 2 free entries. They basically handed you a forty-four dollar bill just for driving down there. Awesome. Be sure to post the reports of the epic time that I'm sure you will have.

And with that...I'll throw myself under the bus for the sake of the lake...

I go to Corona Lake to escape a day of work and to fish, not to have some dude smile at me at 6 am or to have a nose up my *** with, "Have a great great great day sir!" when I go to the bait shop. The porta potties are clean and stocked, the prices on stuff in the bait shop aren't too insane, trash along the shoreline is picked up multiple times throughout the day, and most importantly, THERE ARE A TON OF FISH IN THE WATER! And some of them...ARE HUGE! I'm left alone by the staff while I try to catch them and I cannot say enough how much I truly appreciate that. Nothing is worse than an overactive staff that wants to play policeman all day.

I have had plenty of really nice interactions with the staff. I have seen them almost as stoked as I have been when I've brought big fish up there. I've taken kids fishing there and watched the guys working the camera share the excitement of fishing with them. I've also had plenty of times when the guy taking my picture wouldn't remove the cigarette from his mouth to crack a smile if doing so would save a life. And I don't care. Its never distracted from my experience. You are fishing, not going to Red Lobster. And with fishing often comes a genre of "weathered" individuals that commonly don't say sir, don't smile at every dumb joke they hear, and don't kiss up to everyone that is giving them a buck. I'm sure there are super nice people at "other" lakes, but really, it makes absolutely no difference to me. Just leave me alone and let me fish.

Put yourself in their shoes...you're working the gate. The line stretches up and back and is starting to spill onto the street. Every person in line has the same question, "Where are the fish?" "In the water" is the obvious answer and "go find them" is step 2. Eventually it gets pretty old. Yes, if this were "Red Lobster fishing", the response to your question would be, "Well sir, tie on a size 18 treble. Use a sliding egg sinker tied above a 12-18" leader. Chartreuse has been working splendid as has been rainbow. Park your vehicle by the dam and cast toward the center of the lake. We sure do hope you have a successful and splendid day here at Red Lobster fishing." But this isn't red lobster fishing...you have 60 cars behind you full of people wanting to fish and you are holding all of them up by asking obvious questions. Pay your bill, gear up, and get a line in the water. You'll figure it out. In fact, I like the "This isn't Western Outdoors..." response as its what I think every time I'm behind the obvious question asker.

The most I have ever gotten from corona or sarl are the 2 dollar off entry coupons at Fred Hall so don't think this is coming from anyone affiliated with the lake. DON'T CHANGE A THING CORONA LAKE! You have huge fans out here. If you are avoiding the lake because someone wasn't nice enough, thank you, its soooooo much easier to pull in big fish without a bunch of people around.

Go get ya some...they are out there!

Damn, I wish I knew they were going to "give away" free passes because you didn't read the flyer on their home page, which has been there touting the huge fish planting going on this month...yes I admit they didn't make it HUGE, but my buddy and I were there on Wednesday and knew they weren't going to be open on Thursday.

I'd be rather pissed also if I hadn't known and drove down there to find it closed.

But overall I'd say the guy at the gate did do you a favor and after contacting they did comp you 2 free passes. Yes you lost the gas money and time, but that's not too bad.

And the information was there or you could have called.

Have a safe holiday weekend and good fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdawg11 View Post
    I fully understand the frustration of being turned around at the gate. They always close early the day before holidays and a simple post on the web would have solved that confusion. But GREAT ON THE CORONA/SARL LAKE STAFF for fixing it with 2 free entries. They basically handed you a forty-four dollar bill just for driving down there. Awesome. Be sure to post the reports of the epic time that I'm sure you will have.

I go to Corona Lake to escape a day of work and to fish, not to have some dude smile at me at 6 am or to have a nose up my *** with, "Have a great great great day sir!" when I go to the bait shop. The porta potties are clean and stocked, the prices on stuff in the bait shop aren't too insane, trash along the shoreline is picked up multiple times throughout the day, and most importantly, THERE ARE A TON OF FISH IN THE WATER! And some of them...ARE HUGE! I'm left alone by the staff while I try to catch them and I cannot say enough how much I truly appreciate that. Nothing is worse than an overactive staff that wants to play policeman all day.

I have had plenty of really nice interactions with the staff. I have seen them almost as stoked as I have been when I've brought big fish up there. I've taken kids fishing there and watched the guys working the camera share the excitement of fishing with them. I've also had plenty of times when the guy taking my picture wouldn't remove the cigarette from his mouth to crack a smile if doing so would save a life. And I don't care. Its never distracted from my experience. You are fishing, not going to Red Lobster. And with fishing often comes a genre of "weathered" individuals that commonly don't say sir, don't smile at every dumb joke they hear, and don't kiss up to everyone that is giving them a buck. I'm sure there are super nice people at "other" lakes, but really, it makes absolutely no difference to me. Just leave me alone and let me fish.

Put yourself in their shoes...you're working the gate. The line stretches up and back and is starting to spill onto the street. Every person in line has the same question, "Where are the fish?" "In the water" is the obvious answer and "go find them" is step 2. Eventually it gets pretty old. Yes, if this were "Red Lobster fishing", the response to your question would be, "Well sir, tie on a size 18 treble. Use a sliding egg sinker tied above a 12-18" leader. Chartreuse has been working splendid as has been rainbow. Park your vehicle by the dam and cast toward the center of the lake. We sure do hope you have a successful and splendid day here at Red Lobster fishing." But this isn't red lobster fishing...you have 60 cars behind you full of people wanting to fish and you are holding all of them up by asking obvious questions. Pay your bill, gear up, and get a line in the water. You'll figure it out. In fact, I like the "This isn't Western Outdoors..." response as its what I think every time I'm behind the obvious question asker.

The most I have ever gotten from corona or sarl are the 2 dollar off entry coupons at Fred Hall so don't think this is coming from anyone affiliated with the lake. DON'T CHANGE A THING CORONA LAKE! You have huge fans out here. If you are avoiding the lake because someone wasn't nice enough, thank you, its soooooo much easier to pull in big fish without a bunch of people around.

i also at times don't feel much like having sunshine and rainbows shoved down my throat early in the morning but there is a difference between being professional and rude and the few times i have been to SARL/corona. i kinda got a mixed bag of the two but hey if i catch fish then i catch fish but if i don't catch a fish then i will most certainly feel like i paid 22 to have the staff be rude.

When it comes to the "other" lake when i first started going there i had a lot of questions and they answered the with censerity and enthusiasm and now that is been a while and i am a more capable fishermen i don't need to ask questions as much but still it is nice to feel welcomed and wanted at a place where you spend your money.

but any way fisherjo it sounds like they did right by you with those two free passes and like you said you never had a complaint about corona tell this and from the way your last post sounded you are happy with your lake and i hope you have a great day with those passes and hope to see you at SARL for the can food drive

Quote Originally Posted by sapdawg11 View Post

It's nice of you to defend the lake but your not doing them any favors! Get this straight, nobodies asking for any "Restuarant style service". Far from it. By the amount of replies I think it's fair to say that Corona is lacking some common courtesy and some the staff can be RUDE. You may think it's okay but i think common courtesy/decent service is a fair expectation when your paying good money for entry and rentals.

Now, if you understand business then you'll know that good service can make or break any business venture. Businesses have gone under for that reason. So, Corona has nothing but to gain and everything to lose if it got worse. I think most people go there for the fishing with low expectations on the staff. That's not exactly how I would want my reputation to be if I were a business owner. Like I said. No ones looking to get their a** licked. Just looking to get treated with some "courtesy and a little respect" Like you would anywhere in life!

I go there to fish and not be bothered either but if something comes up then it's good to know that your dealing a capable people and a staff that cares about your experience.

Now, you brought up the scenario of the 60 cars and it's busy, etc...Well, that's the business they want! Right? Apparently so, with the marketing of the stocking videos, email, and advertisements.....It's called "Planning". They know when it's going to be busy and questions are going to come up. They should plan accordingly. It's all apart of the service experience. So, becuase it's busy for the staff that means I shouldn't ask any questions or accept rude behavior? And to be quite honest, If anyone has question in line, it's their right considering they are forking out some cash. Now, imagine that in those 60 cars there is a new family or dad and son or some buddies fishing the lake for the fist time?????? You think that's what they want to experience or see coming to the lake for the first time? Don't think so, bro.
    Last edited by tailchaser001; 11-28-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by socal_native View Post
    Damn, I wish I knew they were going to "give away" free passes because you didn't read the flyer on their home page, which has been there touting the huge fish planting going on this month...yes I admit they didn't make it HUGE, but my buddy and I were there on Wednesday and knew they weren't going to be open on Thursday.

I'd be rather pissed also if I hadn't known and drove down there to find it closed.

But overall I'd say the guy at the gate did do you a favor and after contacting they did comp you 2 free passes. Yes you lost the gas money and time, but that's not too bad.

And the information was there or you could have called.

Have a safe holiday weekend and good fishing.
    Maybe your the one that needs to read their flyer from their homepage. Can you please show me where it says they would be closing on the 24th?

TS
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 11-28-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser001 View Post
    It's nice of you to defend the lake but your not doing them any favors! Get this straight, nobodies asking for any "Restuarant style service". Far from it. By the amount of replies I think it's fair to say that Corona is lacking some common courtesy and some the staff can be RUDE. You may think it's okay but i think common courtesy/decent service is a fair expectation when your paying good money for entry and rentals.

Now, if you understand business then you'll know that good service can make or break any business venture. Businesses have gone under for that reason. So, Corona has nothing but to gain and everything to lose if it got worse. I think most people go there for the fishing with low expectations on the staff. That's not exactly how I would want my reputation to be if I were a business owner. Like I said. No ones looking to get their a** licked. Just looking to get treated with some "courtesy and a little respect" Like you would anywhere in life!

I go there to fish and not be bothered either but if something comes up then it's good to know that your dealing a capable people and a staff that cares about your experience.

Now, you brought up the scenario of the 60 cars and it's busy, etc...Well, that's the business they want! Right? Apparently so, with the marketing of the stocking videos, email, and advertisements.....It's called "Planning". They know when it's going to be busy and questions are going to come up. They should plan accordingly. It's all apart of the service experience. So, becuase it's busy for the staff that means I shouldn't ask any questions or accept rude behavior? And to be quite honest, If anyone has question in line, it's their right considering they are forking out some cash. Now, imagine that in those 60 cars there is a new family or dad and son or some buddies fishing the lake for the fist time?????? You think that's what they want to experience or see coming to the lake for the first time? Don't think so, bro.
    Very, very well said...

TS

I said it wasn't very prominent.
    But it's been there for almost a month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TrophyTroutOpener2010a.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	27253  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast