Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad business!!!!

Default Bad business!!!!

I have been stuck sick in the house for two days and finally felt better today..i couldn't wait to get to the corona lake to finally get out and get some fresh air...my friend and i arrived there at 4:15 and while we were sitting in line one of the guys who worked there walked out to tell us the lake closed at 2p.m. And will be closed for the night fishing session...no where on there web page or phone message does it say they were going to be closed..the guy who worked there acting like he was doing us a favor by even walking out to tell us they were closed..no signs,,nothing on web page,,or phone message...we go to corona lake atleast once a week but know we are going to double think that..what an inconvenience...:

Man that sucks. I've never done the night session so I have no idea how regularly they close for nights, I was always under the impression they always have a night session. I think maybe they closed tonight because of Thanksgiving....

That's a lack of communication for sure. No bueno! They're always sending out emails so I would think they would of thrown that in there at some point. I do enjoy fishing there but if I had to point out something it would be that the staff isn't the friendliest. The older guy working the trailer/tackle shop seems friggin grumpy every time i'm there. LOL...A simple, "Good morning" or "How can I help you" starts you off in the right way. Something they could work on over there.

Service should be a priority in any business venture. Communicating to your client base is a vital part of the over all service.
    Last edited by tailchaser001; 11-24-2010 at 08:13 PM.

They don't close for much, pretty much Christmas and Thanksgiving are about it. They've closed early the day before each of these holidays for as long as I can remember, each time without a night session. They usually post some kind of sign, though. On the brighter side, if you hit the lake Friday the fishing should be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser001 View Post
    ... You just paid full price and lost two hours of fishing time. No bueno! I enjoy fishing there but the staff isn't the friendliest.
    Sounds like it was 4:15 P.M., not first thing in the morning.
    They could work on their friendliness for sure.

Yep...Noticed that. Corrected.

Yes a couple of their staff can be a little grumppy. You should try and make out there on friday, fishing should be great on that day.

RT77
    Miguel

I have to say i have never had any complaints about corona lake till now..after posting this corona lake contacted me and offered me two free fishing passes for my inconveinence...i am very pleased...thank you to all who took the time to reply to this post...happy thanksgiving....

damn, i wish I had some pretty eyes to bat...glad to hear they comp'd ya for the inconvenience tho...well done CORONA lake...and gobble gobble to all you pilgrims or indians

Quote Originally Posted by fisherjo View Post
    I have to say i have never had any complaints about corona lake till now..after posting this corona lake contacted me and offered me two free fishing passes for my inconveinence...i am very pleased...thank you to all who took the time to reply to this post...happy thanksgiving....
    Wow, that's really cool!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast