Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 High Noon Duct DD's

Default 2 High Noon Duct DD's

Was not planning on fishing today but since my wife said if I take the dogs to get their shots then she would take the kids to their music lessons instead of me. This freed me up mid day so I decided to hit the duct for a little bit in the bright sunny daylight (my favorite time btw). Only planned to go to one spot and walk it thoroughly and try to find some. I came across a school of 6 LMB. For a minute I thought I was in Bako, lol. Have not seen that many schooled up in the AV in like 15 years or more. They were about 8" long. They saw me and bailed. I was not interested in them anyway. I had bigger fish to fry, lol.

So I am working it down for over a mile and a half and nothing. I reach my destination of where I want to concentrate my efforts and on the 5th cast as soon as my soft jerk bait hit the water I felt a thump, even before I clicked my reel over. I engaged and my line went slack and I swung as I reeled my 7:1 Curado. It was on and it felt like a good one. It put on a heck of a fight in the ripping current. Nothing new. They have all been pretty aggressive the past month or so. We go back and forth for over 5 minutes and I finally land it. Since I planned to release it all along I carefully grip it and never let it hit the sand. I take a pic with it and a quick measurement and go to release it. It took some reviving and working it but eventually it swam off slowly and once it hit the current it took off. Came in at 32" and healthy. I would estimate around 14lbs.

I grab my rod and on the first cast right as my rig hit the water and I just turned the handle to engage I get a strong thunk and it rips drag right away. It hooked itself but just for good measure I drive into it still. This one is another good fighter and takes me nearly as long to land as the first one. Once again I grip it and take a pic and quick measurement and let it go. This one did not need any reviving. As soon as I put it in the water it splashed and took off quick. The 2nd one came in at 30" but was rounder and plumper than the first one. Maybe a 12 to 13 lber or so I would guesstimate.

Kept throwing for a little longer and had a soft hit which kept me there looking for another hook up but that was it. Headed back up on my 1.5 miler to the truck and nothing working it back. The LMB school I saw did not go back to the same spot when I was by there on my way back.

First fish

Second fish

Never got to throw the yolo tickler at them. I even had a magnum size 8" with me to try but I got hooked up so fast on what was tied on from my previous trip and skunk that I just started with what was on there already and nailed them both quickly. Will be on the hunt for a 36" on the magnum yolo tickler next.

Way to get back at it yolo,,,,,,nice!

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

there's onlly 1 thing better than a DD striper

two DD striper's :)

man, countless DDs from you lately!
    Great job Yolo!

TB, AA, Hai, thanks.

Oddly the flow is back to where it was when I caught the 34" and lost a bigger one. That high volume and wide open gates flow seems to be gone. Don't know when it changed cause I have not been out in a few.

Hey Hai, you and Khanh can go catch my released fish again Throw a few back for me though.

You're really putting it on them Yolo.

Consistent on the DDs. NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    TB, AA, Hai, thanks.

Oddly the flow is back to where it was when I caught the 34" and lost a bigger one. That high volume and wide open gates flow seems to be gone. Don't know when it changed cause I have not been out in a few.

Hey Hai, you and Khanh can go catch my released fish again Throw a few back for me though.
    yea, it was a little more tame on Tuesday, than it was last week.

i might have to take my dogs in for some shots :)

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    yea, it was a little more tame on Tuesday, than it was last week.

i might have to take my dogs in for some shots :)
    Can you take my dog too bro??? LOL!

KPN.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    I'll try to catch those two fish in the next few days for my Thanks Giving dinner .
    We'll throw some smaller one back for you bro .

Congrats on the 2 DD's in one day Yolo.

Khanh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast