Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 22.8 pound Rainbow Trout caught at SARL today

Was it legally caught?

That's a catch of a life time, congrats to the lucky angler.

And to answer Rooster's question, yes, it's possible to catch a fish that size on 2lb line. I haven't seen it in person but I read a thread out of SARL last year when some guy caught I believe a 21lber on 2lb line. I think he said he fought it for a good half hour. He was like in first place for that big fishing trip to Alaska until someone else took him out with a 23lber. Soo if someone wrote it and posted it on this site, of course I'm gonna believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKiller View Post
    get that outta here with that irvine lake bullss.
    Hahaha! Too funny! Go Irvine!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    Was it legally caught?
    I don't know the angler and I don't want to diminish his catch. Nice fish! I didn't want to post it but I was wondering/hoping the same thing.
    I've been fishing there since their very first season and the biggest I have caught is a modest 13 pounds, but I keep hoping that some day...
    I don't know what I would do if I hooked a trout that was bigger than many tuna I've caught!

Biggest one I caught from SARL was an 18lber but that was about 10 years ago......Last year caught one
    around that size at Irvine Lake trolling.......These big ones don't fight, both times I thought I was hung on
    a log.....no fight just like bringing in dead wood.......Don't ask for pics, I rarely take them myself, so if there is\
    one, someone else took it.........The one at Irvine returned to the lake after it jumped out of the net during the
    lure removal. Smoked the one from SARL. Lots of meat and just takes the same, not much difference
    OFG

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    Was it legally caught?
    or was it caught with a harpoon????

ive seen this guy fishin before at santa ana lakes.he was purposly snagging big fish.he just stands and waits for them to swim by..very lame.but oh well happens i suppose

BOOM! What a TOAD.

WOW another hater here...go figure

have u seen that guy legally catch a fish???i never have..ive seen him snag a bunch

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast