Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 11-11-10

Default Dvl 11-11-10

did anyone fish the jewel today? i was gonna head out and shore fish today but when i looked outside, here in riverside, the wind was blowing like a tornado was coming. anyway...i heard they stocked today. just wondering how the bite is and if its still slow...i went friday and was super slow from a boat...trout swimbaits working???

I was there yesterday and the wind was howling around noon. It did however lay down around 2:30 to 3:00. That is when all madness happened for stripers. Hooked into a DD but had to break her off because she wrapped me in a bush. The worst part is I just kept enough tension on her where she would surface every 5 minutes or so from being tired out. Everytime we tried to net her she just dove down deep enough out of reach. Then the lake boat came over to us and told us it was time to leave, and I pleaded with her to give me ten more minutes to land this fish. Her reply was, "if you don't head back it would be a $75.00 ticket." So I said forget that and had to break her off in the bush.

apparently they stocked flying trout this year @ perris.. haha

@ steve....no kidding...hahah lol

@ sweetfish so were you fishing from shore? what did you hook into that beast on?? thats dumb that they made you leave with a nice fish on

Sorry Eric, I was on a boat near Rawson's cove on a walking bait.