Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bako report.. I must of made the striper gods mad,

Default Bako report.. I must of made the striper gods mad,

Friggin A/V guys are ticking me off with the nice fish they have been getting, numbers too! So I am not one to be outdone.. Hit it last night after sundown. First cast snagged a branch and tried to pull it out of the water and up the bank and SNAP!!!! Rod snapped. Equipment failure. Glad I brought my FTS signature series UGLYSTIK as a back up..

Threw the KPN around and BHAM! Got one on... Reeling him in and he heads straight to the fence that runs into the water.. Wraps me up and comes off. Get the KPN back somehow...

Got home from work round 4.. Wifes at Dr... So I said what the heck. Headed to the nearest set of gates {15 mins} and 2nd cast Bham... and I landed him!!!! Been strugglin lately gettin em on the deck not to mention the lack of a limit in atleast a month.. Subsequent casts produce two hits on the fluke. I saw the fish hit and spit it instantly. Smart Stripey...

I think I am still under restriction from the striper gods for breaking the striper code this year.

For Yalo, I know your gonna ask

Nice going. Don't you hate that striper drug? It gets you coming back for more and more and more. Do you think those were live shad or from bait and waiters that it ate? We unfortunately don't have shad here in the AV. Not for many years. My buddy just called me too that he dumped another AV big one and then a few minutes later nailed a 7lber. The bite is heating up.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    SNAP!!!! Rod snapped. Equipment failure. Glad I brought my FTS signature series UGLYSTIK as a back up..
    Ahhhhhh Ha ha ha ha ha ha !

Ahhhhhh-----AHAAAAAAA

Since 1977, the Ugly Stik rod has been the choice of fishermen in America.

They have found Ugly Stik rods to be the most dependable rod they can use !

wherever they are fishing. The unique Howald Process™ design combines graphite and fiberglass to create the strongest, most sensitive rod available today. Millions of satisfied fishermen can’t be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    Nice going. Don't you hate that striper drug? It gets you coming back for more and more and more. Do you think those were live shad or from bait and waiters that it ate? We unfortunately don't have shad here in the AV. Not for many years. My buddy just called me too that he dumped another AV big one and then a few minutes later nailed a 7lber. The bite is heating up.
    Most defiantly live. Ate today

nice catch bro keep the pics coming

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Most defiantly live. Ate today
    Do you see any tule perch there? We have a bunch of them here but no shad.

I have seen the tule perch here. All at work, dead on the racks though. Always thought they were some member of the carp family till I joined this site and heard you guys talk about them.

Next one I get at work I'll snap a pic of it

"All at work, dead on the racks though" . What are racks? Do you work for the water resources?

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    "All at work, dead on the racks though" . What are racks? Do you work for the water resources?
    Weed racks and Yes

Im jealous,,,,,,,,,,Pilfering all my stripers without me HU,,,,,,LOL

WTG Bro

TRAIL BLAZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast