Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Cahuilla stripers

Default Lake Cahuilla stripers

Got to the lake at about 7:30 after I dropped off my kids at school. Hit one side of the lake and was bait fishing with shrimp and was playing with throwing out different crank baits. Not a bite for the first 2 hrs. Moved to several spots and stopped at a spot that was good last year. Casted out with the shrimp and not 30 seconds fish on. Reeled it in and it was a little stripper. The funny thing is I have been hitting the canal and catching the little strippers with the same set up. I was there for about an hour and pulled in 5 little guys and missed a few other.

Question, any tips on catching bigger ones?

Are they the same size micros like the canal? 6-8 inches?
    What is your setup?

same size as the canal, same set up 18inch leader, sliding sinker, small circle hook with shrimp

It hook me a couple hours and I found a honey hole. I was there a few hours and still getting bites and fish but ran out of shrimp

Good job on finding the hole :) I've never caught anything out of that lake. Not even a catfish :).