Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Big Duct DD Mothas

Default 2 Big Duct DD Mothas

On the way home from work I decided to stop at the duct. Hit first spot and nothing there. Walking back to truck and I see farmerjohn parked and ready to fish. We chat for awhile and he decides to not fish it since I didn't have any luck. We both go to another spot and after 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour, nothing there. We decide to head home and call it a day. He goes east and I head back home to the west.

My striper senses are telling me to make one more stop. I fight it as I am driving cause it's cold and windy but I give in to the intuition and turn off the highway to the spot. First cast nothing. Second, third, fourth and finally on the fifth I am working it mid water and I get a slam and drive home the hook and it is on. This sucker is a good one. I am battling it for 5+ minutes it does not want to wear out and I am under and past the buoys with it. Line is not rubbing so I am not too concerned. I am concerned that I can't make much progress on it. It finally turns and I am slowly winching it back to as it goes diagonal and heads for the other side of the duct with a backflow. It is in there hard and won't budge out of it. I have to try to hog it out of there and I get it to move and the mid swift current makes him surface. As I thought it was a big one. Easily 20+. It dives down and is heading in the fast mid current back under the buoys but before it gets there I tried to hog it back and turn it and it broke off my 15lb line on my spinning reel and took my yolo tickler lure. I am totally bummed at this point.

I tie a yolo tickler on my Curado with 12lb test. Luckily since I was at work today I was able to purchase some more as I only got one to try that I caught Saturday's fish on and lost today's monster on. Anyway, second cast and I get slammed again. I bury the hook and it is on. I can feel it's another good one. We repeat the same battle scenario and I work it for what felt like an eternity but more like 10 minutes and I finally land it. Grab it with my trusty gripper and slam it on the dirt. It is a very and I mean very fat 34" fish. I would say it's an easy 18 to 19 pounds. I am totally exhausted at this point. Arm pump is turning my arms to mush. The adrenaline pumping my blood gives me a headache, plus the wind in my face didn't help. I work it for 10 more minutes but nothing else bites. I figure I would call it a day.

If Khanh was holding the fish it might have been bigger than him?

Thats a FAT sucka!!!!

Striper looks big too...

Nice work Yalo

That's a nice one Yolo.

I hope John got one on his way home too.

I called him on my way home saying he's not going to believe what just happened to me. He too made one stop after we parted ways but didn't get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    If Khanh was holding the fish it might have been bigger than him?

Hahahahaha .............That's very funny! Any DD will looks big on me . And I don't mind to hold one either .

Congrats on a job well done Yolo.
    I got skunk in the last 3 times out, hopefully the fourth one is a charm .

Khanh.

WTG YOLO,,,,,,,,,,,,Yhats a goodan for sure

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

I got a couple of skunks at night too. I'm not going at night until things change. All my catches the past month+ have been in the daytime and at all times of the day. I would rather sleep at night.

Well to my surprise the fish had an empty stomach. It was all meat and thick meat. Even the belly meat was super thick. It was a female. She had a nice sized egg sack already. I knew the females can't resist the yolo tickler.

She swallowed the tickler whole. Had her hooked in the upper throat.

Dang! Nice fish Yolo. Again.

Out Standing Yolo,
    That's a Porky alright. It figures it was in the spot I told you was the first spot I fished when I started ducting, and all I've found there was that Jurasic Carp!! Man I would love to have seen the one that broke you off! The only thing I got mad about when you called me was that did not go there after I left. Beleave it or not it crossed my mind but I guess I have'nt put enough time in yet to have Strippy Sences that tingle. But there is one thing I've got my share of at the duct, the old SKUNKASARUS . It's all fun. And there is always tomarrow. So you call me or I'll call you and we'll try to give em hell again. "Nice Porky" FamerJohn

NIIIICE!!! That must have been quite the back to back rush....wtg on the duct lineside!

TD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast