Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Rush creek, Upper Owens, Bishop 11/5-11/7

Default Rush creek, Upper Owens, Bishop 11/5-11/7

Went up to Sierra's this weekend for my first fly fishing trip ever. needless to say but i didnt do too hot. ha. i've been a spinners and bait guy my whole life, and want to start learning fly fishing. Me and the buddies got up there late friday night and camped at pleasant valley campground, home of the racoons from hell! Woke up early saturday morning and drove up to rush creek between grant an silver lake. threw a few nymphs and wooly buggers for no takers. my other buddies wanted to try benton crossing b4 i could bait or throw spinners at rush, so we took off and went to benton crossing and fished upstream from the crossing. No takers again on the fly but caught one 10" and one 11" 'bow. Sorry no pics i decided to leave my camera at home =/. Pretty windy up there so we jammed and went back to the campground around 3:30. we were still itching for fish so we fished the owens river below the foobridge at pleasant valley campground. couple of bumps on the wooly bugger but no takers. i then switched to bait (i know i know its articial and barbless right there, but i knew there were big browns nearby. dont worry, catch and release only), and caught 2 15" browns, and a 14" bow. man i wanted to keep them but gotta conserve the fishery!
    Then Sunday we woke up, broke camp, then drove up to intake 2 above bishop. caught a couple of nice rainbows below the intake for the bbqer =). then drove to my secret spot on the owens in big pine and cleaned house! caught about 15 fish in about 45 minutes! but didnt keep any cause for some reason the trout there looked weird. And that was our weekend! Cant wait to do it again. And once again sorry for no pictures.

Sound like a fun trip,love the sierra's this time of the year...
    Thanks for the report..
    Racoons from hell
    TROUT MASTERS..

Default rush creek

Yea my buddy went to the trash bin to throwa bag of trash away and as he opened the lip one of the little buggers almost jumped out and on him. it was hilarious!