Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Two Day Skunk Hesperia n Silverwood 11/6 & 11/7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Two Day Skunk Hesperia n Silverwood 11/6 & 11/7

Saturday hit Hesperia Lake...
    Read that trout fishing was good there from outdoor news service website Jims #3 pick of the week. It was really windy all the day. We got there at 9am fished until 2pm. Medium tackle with 2lb test for trout. Used different color PB and night crawlers. Also had pole for catfish used chicken liver. Nothing even with scent on baits. Saw'll two fish caught the whole day from two different parties. It seemed all around the lake it was dead.

Sunday hit Silverwood Lake
    First stop Cleghorn, where trout are suppose to be good. Roughly 12 fishermen on or near dock/ swim area. From 7am til 9am no bite nothing. One guy caught a cat and thats all I saw'll. Used the same bait as before, also brought anchovies. Went to Miller canyon fished for two hours again no bite. People next to us same thing. My group had 6 poles in the water. 2 days 2 ugly skunks. Next chance I get I'm hitting BBL where the trout are biting.

Silverwood is that way, one day great next day slow. Miller has been wide open for me at times recently but once again wrong day probably, sorry about the skunk but at least you got out to Miller, beautiful area. Did you see the Eagles flying around? They've been on the hunt recently, watch for the diving Hawks, that's where the trout are.

Thanks for the report, sorry for the skunk. better luck next time. I commented on your other post about the wood. thanks again....

Default Hesperia Lake , Great

Sorry, I'm new at this, not sure how this works. I'm recently retired, moved to the high desert. Thought I'd fish Hesperia Lake. Second time there was Friday Nov. 5th, I guess they stocked on thursday. I caught 4 trout 2 to 3 lbs each and then caught the trout in my profile picture. They said it was 16 1/2 lbs, largest caught this season so far. Used power bait with 4 lb leader. I know it had to be pure luck, right place, right time. Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Desert Joe View Post
    Sorry, I'm new at this, not sure how this works. I'm recently retired, moved to the high desert. Thought I'd fish Hesperia Lake. Second time there was Friday Nov. 5th, I guess they stocked on thursday. I caught 4 trout 2 to 3 lbs each and then caught the trout in my profile picture. They said it was 16 1/2 lbs, largest caught this season so far. Used power bait with 4 lb leader. I know it had to be pure luck, right place, right time. Joe
    congrats man! haha how was the water clarity? last time i went there it was pea soup green!

Yo Joe I think I saw'll your pic at the bait shop by the lake. Lady showed us on her camera said guy caught 16lb trout by water pipe goin out of the lake. congrats! Nice fish

Thanks much, went back yesterday, brought home 2 nice ones. Action was pretty slow but still had a good time. and yes the water is pretty murky. Saw a guy bring in 2 three foot sturgeon, ugly fish.