Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 395 Closing trout Tour 10/28-10/30

Default 395 Closing trout Tour 10/28-10/30

Went up good ole 395 before the closing of the General Trout Season with my pal Dave (PissOnMyspace) and my oldest son Mitch. As always, were chasing big browns this time of year!! I like to hit up a bunch of spots off the beaten path of 395 up and down the Owens River and Irrigation Canals. Overall, fishing wasn't bad, but no PB's this trip. We did catch several in the 15-17 inch range and numerous much smaller specimens. My son Mitch did hook into a 4-5 lb brown (which would of been his PB), however, did not have much of a fighting chance landing this toad considering all the obstructions. We also spent some time on the East Walker and PVR. Fishing was pretty good, but again, no LARGE specimens to hand. FYI - All Browns released... did have to keep a couple bows.... Enjoy the Pic's

Attachment 26728Attachment 26736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Closer10 051.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	26735Attachment 26734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Closer10 027.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	26733Attachment 26732Attachment 26731Attachment 26730Attachment 26729Attachment 26727Attachment 26726Attachment 26725Attachment 26724Attachment 26723Attachment 26737

awesome job. heading up this weekend and hoping to fish bishop creek canyon. hope we do as well as you guys, looks like you had a great time.

once again mang, another fun trip with you and mitch....chasing tail, beers, music, fish, laughs, and no work- what can get better than that huh? and dude thats such a badass pic of you in the walker, we'll have to hit that twice as hard next time!... thanks again for all yours spots and for driving, the next trip can't come soon enough! and it dawned on me the big fish didn't bite because they were saving themselves for saturday......... chhhaaaa-chhhinnnnggg!!!!

and yeah....mitch's was an f'n toad

...saved me $5 bucks sucka

Looks like you guys had a good time,nice looking bows and browns.weather looke great
    as well.nice pic's,thanks for the reports..
    What were you using for browns,this time of the year they hit on gold spinners.i had good
    luck using gold spinners and kastmasters.
    HEY! NICE LAP DANCE ON YOUR LAST PIC.:
    TROUT MASTERS

Nice pics..... Man I need to try to get up there before it Closes! ;)

Thanx for all the kind comments.... its always a blast up there.... I usually use a salamander Panther Martin with a gold blade,that's always been my lure of choice.. depending on location I will also throw Rapala's and Rainbow colored Rat'L Traps.... we hit up Rush Creek, but that place was a zoo!!! probably for good reason though... next time... Tight Lines and Full Tails

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS DID GOOD, I RECONIZE ALOT OF THOSE SPOTS, I'LL HAVE TO SEND YOU A MAP WITH SOME OF THE REALLY SPOTS ,YOU WERE CLOSE TO SOME OF THEM,GOOD LUCK IF YOU GO THE LANCASTER FISH DERBY, I'LL BE DOWN AT THE DVL GETTING DIALED IN ON MR STRIPEY,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanx T/O Im sure you do.......... man, Id love a map from ya!! and yeah, will be hitting up the derby in the morning... Good Luck at DVL and Mr Stripey

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS DID GOOD, I RECONIZE ALOT OF THOSE SPOTS, I'LL HAVE TO SEND YOU A MAP WITH SOME OF THE REALLY SPOTS ,YOU WERE CLOSE TO SOME OF THEM,GOOD LUCK IF YOU GO THE LANCASTER FISH DERBY, I'LL BE DOWN AT THE DVL GETTING DIALED IN ON MR STRIPEY,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,