Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing Canada - Cold Lake, Alberta for Lake Trout

Default Fishing Canada - Cold Lake, Alberta for Lake Trout

This is another late report but I had some time on my hands and thought I would post it since I like looking at fishy pictures I’m sure you guys do too! Ok so this summer back in August went for for a week to Alberta Canada and headed out to Cold Lake for a day of Lake Trout Fishing. We fish these guys with downriggers and were catching them anywhere from the surface all the way down to 100 feet. This was my best day ever out on the lake and caught about 20 to the boat and probably had another 20 hits and fish lost before the boat with a couple broken stingers on nice fish. We probably caught 4 over 10 pounds and the biggest was around 13 pounds. What a fabulous day. If you ever get a chance to go for some Lake Trout it’s a blast and they fight like crazy.

Had to cool off a few times, it was HOT!!! Poor grandpa was dying out there in the heat!

Last fish of the day was a fatty, didn’t weigh him but he was probably 12 pounds

Mmmm dinner!

BBQ lake Trout!

Hope you enjoyed!
    Calicanuck

Freakin awesome. Nuff said :) You've been posting some nice reports.
    Last edited by gavin310; 11-01-2010 at 08:40 PM.

that was the best report I read all day, I will put canada on my bucket list, haha thx calicanuck

What a great report and pic's !!!

Wow looks like a blast! Looked great grilled up like that too. Now i'm hungry lol

Beautiful Fish! Beautiful Scenery!

Looks like an absolute perfect day for shishing!

Way to go Canada!

Nice fish, Nice dinner!
    Thanks for sharing.

NG