Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hansen dam allows float tubes?

Default hansen dam allows float tubes?

i didn't know about this. i was there sunday and saw a few heavyweight LMB chasing the trout. just cruising back and forth like they were trying to pick off a straggler.the trout weren't even interested in eating , too busy swimming for safety.oh , and the bass were also chasing a school of what appeared to be shad? not too sure , but they were splashing around where it was too far to cast . i'll be going tomorrow morning and i'll let you all know how it goes.

When i lied in the area i never once saw any tubes in the water so i doubt they allow any watercrafts....

my buddy who fishes hansen says they allow tubes.

Yes they do just make sure your wearing your PFD, hell you don't even have to wear waders, water might be cold. Let me know just might meet you out there since I live close by, have doc appointment tomorrow but might hit it again after lunch time PM me snake.

the lunch ramp is free (no gas engines)

Haha so the trout were too busy running for their lives? I was thinking about heading up there for an hr or so real quick to snag a few trout but I guess not anymore. Good luck out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHo ART View Post
    the lunch ramp is free (no gas engines)
    Really? Even the launch is free? Wow, I should get myself a little kayak or something.

There was a guy in a small plastic boat out there today.

Was it green and did he have 4 poles behind him? If so that was me sportin the skunk, my fishin buddy only marked one area in the hole with 6 fish after that it didn't show anything other then a 12' flat bottom no structure there whatsoever. Wanted to try again tomorrow but have to go bury a brother Marine who paid the ultimate price in Afgahnistan.

So are you guys fishin the lake that is brush lined, or some concrete pool??? Im sorta confused, because Ive been out there once, and where I was there was a lake... A real lake, tho, not a concrete pool...

DD,
    Glad to see another FNN'er out there <10 minutes from my house. But at the same time, I am very sorry to hear about that. My heart goes out to you.

L.A.,
    We are talking about the concrete "fishbowl" next to the swimming pool.
    There is a lower legitimate lake that doesn't "allow" fishing, but...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast