Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Bear 10/29

Default Big Bear 10/29

Went up to Big Bear the other day. Looked at the forecast and it looked a bit breezy soI didn't take the kayak. Fished from shore and found a small area that wasn't too weedy. Turns out the morning was beautiful, sunny and calm, but the wind came up later. First rainbow was 19 inches 2lb 4ounce on rainbow power bait. Second was a 18.5 inch 2lb 1 ounce rainbow. Third was a 19.5 inch 2 lb 11 ounce. Then I caught a nice 12 inch and a little guy which were both let go to grow a bit bigger. Then the wind came on strong and I left around 2pm. Very nice day, all fish caught on rainbow powerbait.

I was out a couple of weeks ago and caught one 18inch on the kayak trolling a needle fish at 2.5 colors lead line.

Brandon

Nice feeeesh! i was there on the 29th also from shore, they stocked it @ 10 am i got 4 2 keepers 2 not, im lovin it up there right now

great job on the big bear trout! sounds like the bite's pretty good rite now. is it all on powerbait at the dam?

Those trout definitely have some cutthroat genetics in em.

Nice job.

good job on the bear trout.... i'm hungry now