Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nache river -white bass and hybrid striper hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    lol

we need to have another striper fest so i can steal that from ya

Hope its SOON Ray Lo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Had a blast at the last 1,,,,,,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Nice!!!

Gary if your going to be around there for a while try below the Dam at Texoma it can be amazing fishing up there .

In the fall you can you can usually take some quality fish on Gizzard shad.

http://blog.newsok.com/outdoors/2008...iver-stripers/

Another place is below the dam at Granburry but it does not have the quality or quantity of Texoma.

I'm envious I love fishing that area, good fishing to you.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Day; 10-29-2010 at 06:03 PM.

where ever he goes the stripeys bleed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

Texas= Good fishing, retarded people.

(mostly) there are a few cool people from texas, namely AronRa.

Those wipers are neat. I like the White bass-dominant wipers. They look like they put up a better fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
    Nice!!!

Gary if your going to be around there for a while try below the Dam at Texoma it can be amazing fishing up there .

In the fall you can you can usually take some quality fish on Gizzard shad.

http://blog.newsok.com/outdoors/2008...iver-stripers/

Another place is below the dam at Granburry but it does not have the quality or quantity of Texoma.

I'm envious I love fishing that area, good fishing to you.

Jim
    DaYAMMM..............

I THINK YOU JUST GAVE ME LAKE TEXOMA STRIPEY WOOD !

That area looks Soooo sweet....

too bad that lake is too far for me to travel....

Got the wedding this evening, I suspect tomorrow afternoon, I may return for more carnage !

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Wow...a real slay job indeed. Im speechless, and rhymeless, but not sleepless................goodnight.
    Ur lucky I don't have time
    ta drop da rhyme
    Cuz I'm on texas time
    Gotta go to a wedding now
    Cuz it's boom boom with da' bridesmaids time !
    I'll be playing my guitar live
    And I'll kill 'em dead
    More will feel the sting o the steel....

Yes yes....thyats WHAT I SAID !

woooo-hooooooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    healthy looking bass right there!!! good work
    on them suka's ........

cm
    Thanks man, I was fortunate to discover that river....my family was trippin on the whole thing....I told em....we're gonna sniff out the action...they sorta laughed at me....they aint lauphin no more : )

I'll always remember that sweet day with the familia !
    Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Great job GARY,,,,,,,,All those pics you were shooting me while you were slaying made me HOMESICK.

See ya soon

TRAIL BLAZER
    wish you were here slaying with me brotha....we'll bleed em out there after I return : )

as you know....I was thinking about ya as the drag was peeelin' : )

Quote Originally Posted by HaiTheMeister View Post
    I am glad you're having a memorable time with your family and get to do what you do best. did you cook up any of these fish? Do they taste good?
    Can't wait to see the pics.
    ohhhh yes.....

I made them beer battered which they had not tried before either..

Plus a nice huge slow cooked batch of fried potates (I cooked em for 1 1/2 hrs....juicy tender....delicious !)

freacxkin delicious !

The hybrid striper did not taste a whole lot different thaN striper and the white bass tasted very similar to striper but in my opinion had a little crappie like hint thrown in.....

It was sum GoooooooD schtuff !

Deeee-licious !

If I go back and get on 'em agaIN, I'll take a few more pics with a regular camera not my cell phone camera......

till then....

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    where ever he goes the stripeys bleed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,
    ahhhhh uncle Bob....if I only had a boat.....you know what I would do to the population out here.....

Yeeee-haw....

well I'm stuck on shore but there was still a serious blood bath !

My brother was speechless !

One after another after another after another.........he still doesnt know what to say...

PLUS they've never fished for those species out here......Texas will never be the same to them, especially my nephew whos getting married, he lives like 15 mintes from that spot.....where I'm at it takes around 45-50 minutes but heck, I travel that and more to fish the duct ea week.....

more blood shal ensue !
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post

Those wipers are neat. I like the White bass-dominant wipers. They look like they put up a better fight.
    The wipers fight better than the white bass but thats largely related to the fact they are flat out bigger..

Those white bass are some serious scrappers and catching them in the current adds to the excitement....

that species knows hgow to work you in the current much like the stripe/hybrids
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 10-30-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    DaYAMMM..............

I THINK YOU JUST GAVE ME LAKE TEXOMA STRIPEY WOOD !

That area looks Soooo sweet....

too bad that lake is too far for me to travel....

Got the wedding this evening, I suspect tomorrow afternoon, I may return for more carnage !
    It's a hell of a place to fish Gary. That's where I got my 36lbs fish.

They allow you access right up to the gates so you can fish right in the white water. The big stripes hang right in the eddies and feed on fish that come through. Right now I imagine they are running water during the daytime and shutting it down at night. Free 24 hour access so you fish plugs, and jigs during the day then cut bait right in the generator pools at night. Mostly big fish..Stripers, Blue cats, Flatheads, Monster Gar, and Paddlefish. No whitebass, bass, bluegill, or crappie in there, pretty much anything under 2 pounds just get's eaten.

I once got a 8 pound hybrid out of there but the main target is bigger stripers. I wouldn't even keep one there unless it was over ten pounds. More DDs then I could count, maybe thirty+ over twenty pounds with two fish over thirty out of there. It's my favorite place to fish stripers on earth.

I've landed a lot of good fish in the fall and winter but the ideal time is May June and July when the big females come up river. All big surface lure fish, Pencils and other Poppers. On the Texas side wall your up maybe twenty feet above the water, so you can see them follow up and boil on you poppers, I've seen fish in thier forties boil up on my lure,only to hook them and loose them when they took all my line running down river. It's just mind-blowing fishing.

Sounds like your having a blast, I really miss fishing there, so many lakes, so many places to fish. Have a good one!!!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Day; 10-30-2010 at 05:06 PM.

texas= good fishing, retarded people.

(mostly) there are a few cool people from texas, namely aronra.

Those wipers are neat. I like the white bass-dominant wipers. They look like they put up a better fight.

lol,,,,,,,SMOKEHOUND!
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

I just want to commend everyone out here in texas....man I met nothing but cool people out here, though it's not my way of life to live out here, the people are great...

I've got nothing but props for all of them.....

I tip my fishing hat to the population....at least out here where I'm at : )

SALUTE !

It was just great to experience a new type of fish and new type of fishing attack !
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
    It's a hell of a place to fish Gary. That's where I got my 36lbs fish.

They allow you access right up to the gates so you can fish right in the white water. The big stripes hang right in the eddies and feed on fish that come through. Right now I imagine they are running water during the daytime and shutting it down at night. Free 24 hour access so you fish plugs, and jigs during the day then cut bait right in the generator pools at night. Mostly big fish..Stripers, Blue cats, Flatheads, Monster Gar, and Paddlefish. No whitebass, bass, bluegill, or crappie in there, pretty much anything under 2 pounds just get's eaten.

I once got a 8 pound hybrid out of there but the main target is bigger stripers. I wouldn't even keep one there unless it was over ten pounds. More DDs then I could count, maybe thirty+ over twenty pounds with two fish over thirty out of there. It's my favorite place to fish stripers on earth.

I've landed a lot of good fish in the fall and winter but the ideal time is May June and July when the big females come up river. All big surface lure fish, Pencils and other Poppers. On the Texas side wall your up maybe twenty feet above the water, so you can see them follow up and boil on you poppers, I've seen fish in thier forties boil up on my lure,only to hook them and loose them when they took all my line running down river. It's just mind-blowing fishing.

Sounds like your having a blast, I really miss fishing there, so many lakes, so many places to fish. Have a good one!!!

Jim
    ATTN: Jim Day

Hey, I’m heading back out there next month, let’s talk more about that Lake Texoma discharge spot…

I’m gonna do my best to talk my brother and nephew into making an overnight trip there and attack those discharge pigs….

I MUST see what that has to offer !

Wish I could go around striper spawn time 2 months ago but the shad, gizzard shad and other native baitfish should be about into spawn so that should juice the action as well…

Jim: Love to speak with you more in depth over the phone since U used to dwell out that way…

Anyways, if you have a moment, PM me your phone # and we’ll speak…

I’m heading out there from Sept 8th to the 18th…

Some fish will feel the steel California style ! : )

Gary

P.S.

I'll also have a bass boat at my disposal this trip so more fish are gonna be in pain !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12