Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bite on garlic

Quote Originally Posted by BlkManFishin View Post
    Ive gone through about a bottle and a half of the stuff in two weeks and I only caught 2 trout. Im not sayin that its the sent it may just be my lack of fishing skills (NEWBIE). But I did go on ine and order sum of the roe,anise and garlic(Had to Give it another chance so many good reviews). I will be trying them out at the apollo derby hopefully it will get me the big one.
    Sounds like you use too much of it at a time or too often.

Quote Originally Posted by wackyrigged View Post
    Sounds like you use too much of it at a time or too often.
    LOL I have know heard it all......

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    LOL I have know heard it all......
    LMAO! haha

Well it is not going to hurt anything to use your whole bottle on one bait but that stuff is super potent so it is kinda a waste.

LOL yea I used to much and left the lake smelling like garlic. But hey... I did catch two fish on the same day using the stuff at apollo. There were like 50 trout swiming in a circle in the lake furthest from the parking lot. And i watched many of them follow my bait in when I used the stuff so it does work. I just need to fish more so I can gain somemore skill.

Us less, apply often. It is very potent, but can wear off after a few retrieves. So, just applay every few casts. If its soaking, it will last longer. If you troll it, roll up frequently and add more. Alternate lines so that you always have a lure running. Good luck and have fun!!

I usually re-dip my mini jigs every 10 mins or so or after I catch a fish. Even when I switch to a different color jig, i usually still smell the Bite On Garlic on the jig that i have been fishing.

Yes it is potent, but its not a disturbing smell. Some people say it smells like Olive Garden! LOL

The NEW scents ( Bite On Roe, Bite On Maize, Bite On Anise, Bite On Garlic Crimson) have a milder smell BUT they are still as lethal as the Regular BITE ON GARLIC.

I have heard 1 concern that to use Bite On products because it quote on quote "Messes up your mini jigs by eating up the plastic shirts" is FALSE! You can soak ANY of your jigs and they will be fine.
    Last edited by the killa fish taco; 03-04-2011 at 11:28 AM.

I did try once to soak sum of my jigs in this other sent and they turnd hard so I had to throw them away.

I use it on inflated nightcrawlers and with any garlic powerbait...works great at Irvine lake!

Well nothing worked well at apollo for me. I got skunked on a derby day. SMH The only reason i dont feel bad is many others were skunked also. I was thinking maybe it was to hot or the birds got in and ate a lot of the fish.

So i left that depressing place for my little fishing hole. I went over to Elizabeth lake and caught three cats they were quite small but will be tasty.
    There were sum ppl catching crappies (Small) but i could not seem to catch them even using the exact same lure. SMH

I have been thinking that instead of taking the catfish home I should release them so they can get bigger. But then i think If i release um then someone else will just catch them so there is no point.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast