Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bite on garlic

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    any luck with it up here in the Sierras?
    will find out hopefully next month or at the opener

so i received my bite on garlic... to me it doesnt smell so much garlicy as far as smelly jelly, bang, etc.. smells more like sesame oil with a slight hint of garlic.. just wondering everyone elses opinion

My go to scent now.

Caught back to back 5 lb trout at SARL. First cast, 1 minute wait bam fish on, re-bait, re-dipped, re-cast, about to put the rod down felt some tension so I held the rod, bam fish on again. Both times I dipped it in Bite on Garlic.

Bro fished a couple days after they stocked it, caught limit by 9:30 he also dipped his bait in Bite on Garlic

We'll see if this scent works this Thursday for Lightning trout. Will post after trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Markito View Post
    so i received my bite on garlic... to me it doesnt smell so much garlicy as far as smelly jelly, bang, etc.. smells more like sesame oil with a slight hint of garlic.. just wondering everyone elses opinion
    I do not smell the garic so much, either. My impression of it is that the aroma is something that might (hopefully) react with water to produce a scent cloud but that's probably all hogwash.
    Honestly, and at the great risk of upsetting a few people, I do not find Bite-on to be advantageous. I prefer Pro-Cure, if I use a scent at all.
    IMHO the benefit of scents in general is twofold in that they mask a smell, like on hands or the harsh smell of fresh plastics, and that they give confidence to whomever is using them.

The proof is in the pudding. My 5 fish limit on the right was caught using Bite-On Garlic and my buddies 5 fish limit on the left was caught from the same boat, using the same lures, and same method of fishing. The only difference is he wasn't using Bite-On Garlic.

If you look in my tackle box every lure in it is greasy from the Bite-On. When you 1st dip your lure in and then let it out its amazing to see the oil slick/scent trail it leaves thats sure to call fish from a far. Try the stuff it really works, you won't be disappointed.

TS
    Last edited by TaperSteve; 02-14-2011 at 01:39 PM.

im going to try it again.. i fished hesperia saturday.. no luck. dont know how i can skunk hesperia but i did, was using powerbait of every scent dipped in bite on with no luck so from 3pm to 8pm i got no love... will test my luck at corona in the near future!

I got a bottle of this stuff from my wife who's friend was dating the owner of the company or something like that I stopped listening. Anyways this stuff works good, I was fishing no more then ten minutes before I landed my first fish a nice three pounder on PB and bite-on. I havent used the one with glitter but shiny always helps. Good luck fishing

Ive gone through about a bottle and a half of the stuff in two weeks and I only caught 2 trout. Im not sayin that its the sent it may just be my lack of fishing skills (NEWBIE). But I did go on ine and order sum of the roe,anise and garlic(Had to Give it another chance so many good reviews). I will be trying them out at the apollo derby hopefully it will get me the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkManFishin View Post
    Ive gone through about a bottle and a half of the stuff in two weeks and I only caught 2 trout. Im not sayin that its the sent it may just be my lack of fishing skills (NEWBIE). But I did go on ine and order sum of the roe,anise and garlic(Had to Give it another chance so many good reviews). I will be trying them out at the apollo derby hopefully it will get me the big one.
    when is that derby?

Its on saturday.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast