Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AV Duct 10/23-10/24.

Default AV Duct 10/23-10/24.

I've been busy working on lures and the weather was killing me. I was staying home working all day Sat and my friend Hai call me late Sat invite me to fish the duct with him. I did fish the duct last sat, so I sait let go and see anything change.
    We were on ours way around 9pm and when we just past Pyramid lake, the CHP ran a break in front of us and later shut down the freeway for an hour....Bummer!
    There was a major accident they had to clear up.
    We sit there and wait, since we could not turn around, later they open up and we got to the 1 first spot at 10.45pm. The wind was howling out there.
    On the 5th cast, Hai hooked up, major bendo on his rod, but lost it after couple second. Bummer 1!
    Later on he got hit again, but it does not stick either. Bummer #2 for Hai.

Cast after cast and more cast later I hooked up and landed my first one, a 6 lbers. I love the fight of the duct's striper....hard and strong . We fished a little more, nothing! So we move to the second spot. Nothing after 30', we moved to the 3rd spot.

We fished hard at the 3rd spot and after that many cast, I hooked up, this one fought hard and did not want to comes in, he just stay at the strong current. I put more presure and he slowly coming in, Hai net em for me. Thanks for the net job buddy!
    When I put the fish on the bank, he flopp around and I heard my lure's rattle, but did not see the lure. He T-bone the lure completely . A 7 lber.

We move to the 4th spot, i got hit after a few cast....set the hook, but it did not stick.

At the fifth spot I told Hai go ahead and fish I just watch, after he try for a little bit and did not get hit, I decided to make a few cast, and at the third cast I got hit hard, the fish crashing on the top and later make a few nice run, Hai net em shortly, a solid 7.5 lber.
    We went to the 6th spot, Hai got hit on the sink....first cast, he set the hook, but it did not stick....Bummer #3 for Hai. We fished for 30' and called it a "morning". It was 4.30am. We took some pictures and head home, we got home at 5.30am.....

Hai. Sorry you did not get any bro....Next time forsure.

Here are some pics.

Cooler shot.

I got to bed at 6 am and wake up at 9am to work on my lures again . Life is GOOD!

The weather ranging from 51 to 57 degree and WINDY!

Khanh.
    Last edited by kpn; 10-25-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo.

Impressive as always. Great job.

WTG anh Khanh, those are nice piggies

WTG,,,,,,,,

KPN /AV /DUCT/ SLAYAGE

WTG KAHN,Niceeeeeeeee

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Great job buddy! I think I am cursed by the striper god. I still had a great time though.

Nice going Khanh. Bummer for Hai. It happens. Was out there too but from like 9:00pm to 1:00am. We must have missed each other. Caught and released several fish but they were smaller than what you guys found. They were 3lb to 5lb class but stuffed bellies. You are right. I experienced the same thing with the fish smacking the lures with the side of their head. Had some come off and all but one that was hooked and landed had the lure on the side of the face. They would not touch anything but lipless cranks that night. I tried the hard and soft jerks and bucktails but nothing on them. Yeah it was windy and cold. Perfect striper weather as I and you guys found out. I was going to say you might have caught the released fish but mine were much smaller I never did make a report because of the below average fish. I commented because the conditions and bite was identical to what you guys found hours later. Kind of cool to see the pattern defined by different people.

Productive trip! Congrats Khanh and Hai on a succesful outing.

The A/V bite sure has me jealous. I wish the Bako fish would get the message that fall has set in!

I gotta say, the first pic you holding up those fish, I thought they were 15lbers

And I find the "hemmorhoid" cream shots from that third fish on the tailgate in the first and second pics disturbing. Clean that stuff up for the reports bud!
    Last edited by cutbait; 10-25-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    And I find the "hemmorhoid" cream shots from that third fish on the tailgate in the first and second pics disturbing. Clean that stuff up for the reports bud!
    Hopefully the stomach contents request I always ask for was not being attempted through the rear. Might explain your concern above, lol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast