Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Montauk on the Fly 2010

Default Montauk on the Fly 2010

Dave, Grant, Mike, and myself all flew out to Montauk for a week of fly-chucking and striper blitzes. Even the Nor'easter that blew us off the water for four days couldn't stop us. As soon as the weather allowed, we were back on the water and into great fishing. No big fish were caught, but even the rat bass are a hoot on the fly rod.

Pix pretty much tell the story...

That looks awesome! Those may be "rats" to you but those are nice size to us California boys ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gavin310 View Post
    That looks awesome! Those may be "rats" to you but those are nice size to us California boys ;)
    lol i looked at the pics before reading the report and i said to myslef "self those are some nice big fish"

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    lol i looked at the pics before reading the report and i said to myslef "self those are some nice big fish"
    Well out there, everyone is after the "50 pounder"... I don't think we got one over 15 pounds.

The filleted-out head on the beach is from a respectable fish. Supposedly weighed in at 38 pounds. That's a size 13 wading boot.

Now that's a fly fishing expedition! Fantastic report Boldfin.
    Someday... someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Boldfin View Post
    Well out there, everyone is after the "50 pounder"... I don't think we got one over 15 pounds.

The filleted-out head on the beach is from a respectable fish. Supposedly weighed in at 38 pounds. That's a size 13 wading boot.
    Just like this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtZ4uDked0k

WOW!!!!!!!!

NICEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing,,BIGTIME THANKS!

TRAIL BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION