Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Successful line and baits for Corona Lake

Quote Originally Posted by BigBass777 View Post
    When at Corona last year and the ticket was a short 8 inch leader with chartreuse powerbait. We were sorta near a pontoon boat and watching them get fish every 10 minutes. I had glitter charteuse powerbait and a, chartreuse powermouse. They wouldn't touch the glitter powerbait or inflated crawlers either.

Lake Mission Viejo is a private lake and you need to know someone (LIKE ME) to get in. I could use a few more respectful, honest, and easy going fishing friends to fish with. I don't need any kiss are bs from anyone.The Nebraska fish will be stocked the 3rd week in December. These Nebraska fish put the Mt. Lassen fish to shame by all means.
    green was the ticket! I will be back to slay them.....i will have every color powerbait!!!!!!!!!

wow you dont like Corona. Okay fish where you want. I have never been skunked there, but that isnt the only lake that has trash everywhere. Good luck in your adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    wow you dont like Corona. Okay fish where you want. I have never been skunked there, but that isnt the only lake that has trash everywhere. Good luck in your adventure.
    I'm assuming you're replying to JAG107's post. Hard to like a place when you get skunked? (assuming again)...I got skunked at SARL a few weeks back and wasn't a good feeling.... felt like $100 down the drain (was 3 of us + bait and such..). However it wont stop me from going again atleast once more. Infact I'll be at corona tomorw...hope the skunk stays clear.

Quote Originally Posted by novel44 View Post
    I'm assuming you're replying to JAG107's post. Hard to like a place when you get skunked? (assuming again)...I got skunked at SARL a few weeks back and wasn't a good feeling.... felt like $100 down the drain (was 3 of us + bait and such..). However it wont stop me from going again atleast once more. Infact I'll be at corona tomorw...hope the skunk stays clear.
    Man i spent a 100 bucks by myself
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by p3pp3r View Post
    I wanna be your friend BigBass777, or shall I say BigPapa :) lucky you get to have your own private lake with your home purchase. How many homes are there?
    Hhhhhhm! Don't have any idea on how many homes are in the city of Mission Viejo. About 30 years ago the lot to build a house on LMV was $25,000. Now most of the homes sell for $800,000 - over a million. Many people from all over the world move to Mission Viejo (include renting a place) to have a chance at catching a huge largemouth bass. The only problem is it won't count as a record under IGFA (Internatinal Game Fish Association) rules because LMV is not open to the public. I saw a bass this last April about 18lbs. It ate my rainbow trout and swallowed it whole. It left me with a piece of the throat and gillplate on a #18 treble hook. It's a common occurrence here at LMV. The other thing is LMV doesn't get highly pressured during the trout season like all of the OC pay lakes. Our lake dues are $222.00 per year and well worth it.

Fished there a couple of times last year with a friend who lives in Mission Viejo and I would say definately worth the $222.00 lake dues. I have never C&R more bass in my life than when fishing there.

I realized that I went off on a thread jack tangent with my last post. Sorry about that. At Corona and SARL I do best with the 3#Pline using the power mouse combo. I usually use the garlic pb with a opposing color berkeley trout worm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
    Wow dude, I guess you didn't realize I'm just trying to steer people away from my 2 mile drive-to kill zone. I've been skunked there 2 times in over 20 visits, one right after a monster storm that left the water at 1 inch of visibility, and the other time a hot day in late may.

Back on topic, I've always done best, EVERY TIME, with a 12" or less leader, clear bubble filled with water and chunky chartreuse with garlic smelly jelly. If they won't bite that for me, they won't bite anything.

Found this illustration for a good trout line setup on the web

Share your thoughts and tips on how to make this work well.

clear bubble filled in place of the sliding sinker gets me way more bites. Slower drop, a lot of the time I get hit on the drop a few seconds later on PB or worms.
    Not bashing the lake, it's the very best lake around for trout for my money hands down.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast