Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful line and baits for Corona Lake

Not a bite nor a nibble.

Got there around 620 am, started fishing right away. It was still a bit dark. Used 2 lb, 4 lb, 6lb tests on 4 different poles with a number 10 red hook+lip ripperz and powerbait worms+trout dip not a soul ever stirred :)

I went to take a walk around the lake to see if anybody was doing better but the trout were not biting today for some reason, spoke to a guy who was fishing a little farther north of the boat dock, who also came in about the same time as we did and pfffttt as well.

Hope to come back and do better.

Quote Originally Posted by p3pp3r View Post
    Not a bite nor a nibble.

Got there around 620 am, started fishing right away. It was still a bit dark. Used 2 lb, 4 lb, 6lb tests on 4 different poles with a number 10 red hook+lip ripperz and powerbait worms+trout dip not a soul ever stirred :)

I went to take a walk around the lake to see if anybody was doing better but the trout were not biting today for some reason, spoke to a guy who was fishing a little farther north of the boat dock, who also came in about the same time as we did and pfffttt as well.

Hope to come back and do better.
    what do you mean not bitting for some reason??? the water needs to be colder. A week of cloudy weather isnt gonna drop the lake temp that much down.

The Eagle claw trout gravy in the black bottle works great.They sell it in the bait shop.Put a small weight inside sos you could shake it up good.

The opener started on the 21st so you cam imagine how many fish are left. Either by what died or what was caught. Wait til the water drops considerably. Corona lake isn't all that deep so the water temp should get cold faster.

Made a mistake last year by going on Sunday. 4 of us spent $155.00 (with boat rental) and we caught 3 1/2lb trout. The bite was solid from Thursday - Saturday. Sunday came along and it was dead. Same kind of bite at SARL last year. We had the same result.

I'll stick with Lake Mission Viejo for now. Our trout opener is on November 20th where 10,000lbs of trout is guaranteed!! These pay lakes are a joke with all the pressure they get. Plus they are too expensive to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBass777 View Post
    I'll stick with Lake Mission Viejo for now. Our trout opener is on November 20th where 10,000lbs of trout is guaranteed!! These pay lakes are a joke with all the pressure they get. Plus they are too expensive to fish.
    how do us unfortunate angler get to fish LMV????

The opener started on the 21st so you cam imagine how many fish are left. Either by what died or what was caught. Wait til the water drops considerably. Corona lake isn't all that deep so the water temp should get cold faster.

Made a mistake last year by going on Sunday. 4 of us spent $155.00 (with boat rental) and we caught 3 1/2lb trout. The bite was solid from Thursday - Saturday. Sunday came along and it was dead. Same kind of bite at SARL last year. We had the same result.

Lake Mission Viejo is private right? I just checked their website, wonder how us normal folk can get it. :) It also says they are stocking 10,000lbs of MT LASSEN trout, the same sierra bows that SARL/Corona stocks.

I agree 22 bucks is TOO much, that is half a normal fishing license. Plus, for the most part people that fish at SARL leave their trash everywhere, throw smokes in the lake, etc. I wish they had more security roaming the place, not just a guy doing laps in a truck.

Just my opinion.

Flame me up.

Quote Originally Posted by BufordT9 View Post
    Lake Mission Viejo is private right? I just checked their website, wonder how us normal folk can get it. :) It also says they are stocking 10,000lbs of MT LASSEN trout, the same sierra bows that SARL/Corona stocks.

I agree 22 bucks is TOO much, that is half a normal fishing license. Plus, for the most part people that fish at SARL leave their trash everywhere, throw smokes in the lake, etc. I wish they had more security roaming the place, not just a guy doing laps in a truck.

Just my opinion.

Flame me up.
    I went to corona sunday...the guys next to me had lots of fish....green power bait....kastmaster(silver) n a boat next to the tress, where the inlet is
    Last edited by Perris Bluegill Chaser; 10-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.

When at Corona last year and the ticket was a short 8 inch leader with chartreuse powerbait. We were sorta near a pontoon boat and watching them get fish every 10 minutes. I had glitter charteuse powerbait and a, chartreuse powermouse. They wouldn't touch the glitter powerbait or inflated crawlers either.

Lake Mission Viejo is a private lake and you need to know someone (LIKE ME) to get in. I could use a few more respectful, honest, and easy going fishing friends to fish with. I don't need any kiss are bs from anyone.The Nebraska fish will be stocked the 3rd week in December. These Nebraska fish put the Mt. Lassen fish to shame by all means.

That's right, everyone stay away from Corona, it sucks very bad. Too expensive, right next to the fwy, too far away, trash everywhere, crowded as hell, fish that don't bite 6 or 8lb line, can't troll there really...I could go on!
    Besides, I need a shorter line when I get there at 6 or 7am.

Lake Mission Viejo is a private lake and you need to know someone (LIKE ME) to get in. I could use a few more respectful, honest, and easy going fishing friends to fish with. I don't need any kiss are bs from anyone.The Nebraska fish will be stocked the 3rd week in December. These Nebraska fish put the Mt. Lassen fish to shame by all means.
    I wanna be your friend BigBass777, or shall I say BigPapa :) lucky you get to have your own private lake with your home purchase. How many homes are there?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast